Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Ever since the Kreechta was introduced in TitW I wanted to try this. The ability to attack and then move to a mission of choice and do a mission is very appealing. Just never did. But recently we got Ferengi Rule #45 that joined Rule #34 from TitW, but also interesting Maneuver events from SoA, like Invasion Plans and Life-Changing Encoounter. By itself they seem not worth using but with Kreechta's ability this could be interesting.

The deck can be seen here.

I considered building this deck around the usual Cunning missions but had issues keeping the deck size down and find decent personnel besides the usual suspects. However, Strength missions like Kressari, Deliver Supplies and Acquire Captives, and the help of some non-aligned personnel, especially Kolos and Durg, who match the needed skills nicely, seemed to be the better choice. Strength can be boosted with Felicium.

As a dilemma pile I chose a Clown pile to either reduce attributes with Bitter Medicine or kill with Guillotine. This in conjunction with Bok, Jean-Luc and their infamous Stargazer can be a real bother for an opponent, as cards beneath Ferenginar increase attributes needed to solve the mission. Important support dilemma here is Harried and Harassed to place Stargazer and Picard to the mission being attempted.

Of course this [Fer] deck plans to attack (and not win) an engagement with the Stargazer and Rule #45 to get cards beneath Ferenginar and feed Jean-Luc and Reyga. When attacking with the Stargazer an important support card was Exceed Engine Output as a lot of players use ships with Shields of 5 and lower. So this event is an absolute must to make sure you do not win the engagement.

So how did this fare in a tourney? Let's see. I played this in the recent online tournament:

Game 1: Danny's [SF] Delphic Expanse
Here already an opponent's ship that requires Exceed Engine Output to get cards beneath Ferenginar or the deck falls apart. He managed to destroy one EEO but I luckily drew another so the cards went beneath Ferenginar. I slowed him down long enough to even be able to battle with the Kreechta and place a Life-changing Encounter. But then, this terrible expanse dilemma Hazardous Materials slowed me down as well. But I guess it's only fair killing my personnel after me killing his with Guillotine. Dr.Farek was actually helpful here.
Nevertheless, I slowed him down, I was slowed down more, Danny wins 0-80 (ML).

Game 2: Steve's [Dom] Infiltration Strength
Steve played a Dominion Infiltration deck with Strength missions and the usual Infiltration card like Misdirection, Set-Up, Curious Kira and Pseudopod. Now here we face strong Dominion ships, so no way the Kreechta wins an engagement here, but I used Rule #45 a second time with the Kreechta instead with the Stargazer to get even more cards beneath Ferenginar right before a mission attempt.
Steve did manage to solve a mission pretty fast, but then I managed to hold him off a bit. He used his high cost capture dilemmas like The Killing Game to get some of my personnel, luckily no key personnel were captured. Also I was glad not see an Instigator or Founder Trap the whole game, so I managed to solve two missions before time was called. MW 70-65

Game 3: Chris's [Car] Capture
Another deck with capturing, and this time, Evek was able to get Jean-Luc before he even hit the table. I knew I was in trouble. Chris also played Traps on two of my mission so I had to work around that. Still, Rule #45 and Stargazer did the job and got cards under my HQ and Reyga did manage to nullify a bunch of dilemmas. However, without Jean-Luc on the Stargazer Chris was able to solve the two typical Cardassia missions fast. Parallel Course and the ability on the Stargazer helped a little bit here but wasn't enough. That was too fast, I loose 30-100 (FL)

To summarize the three games:

Positives:
- Interactive beyond dilemmas
- Nice synergy between Jean-luc (high attributes needed to solve) and Clown dilemma pile (lower attributes of opponent's personnel)
- high Strength personnel due to Felicium and non-aligned personnel
- Kreechta battle is convenient due to being able to attempt right after
- Reyga and Farek do a great job

Negatives:
- too slow against speed solvers
- heavily relies on Stargazer and key personnel not being captured (Jean-luc, Reyga) (should have added Rescue Captives)
- Call to Arms never happened, didn't get the card, bonus points rely on Whip sale with Kressari
- current build has no counters against interrupts or events (should possibly add Opportunity Seized and Worth the Prize)

This deck certainly doesn't win Worlds but was a blast to play. Battling with the Kreechta and using those odd Maneuvers from Sacrifice of Angels, but also the 'battle' rules are useful. I tried versions with more cards up to 70 or 80 but gets too unreliable in getting key cards. Maybe cutting it down even more and focus on a specific theme (keep Kreechta but no Stargazer or switch to Cunning)? Not sure....

:cheersL: :thumbsup:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I've been playing around with a deck design that involves the Kreechta as well. Maybe I'll play it in the Dojo in the near future.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation