Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
If you command 3 Bajorans, does Olamu become Bajoran if he is not in play (i.e. in deck, etc.)?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
doctorjoya wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:46 am If you command 3 Bajorans, does Olamu become Bajoran if he is not in play (i.e. in deck, etc.)?
Nope, the personnel has to be in play first. So, you can't get that card into play if the HQ restricts to just Bajoran personnel.

Michael
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Is it because his text is inactive until he is played? If that is true, should he not read “… when this personnel is played and you command 3 [Baj] personnel…” ? :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
durgforaday wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:30 pm Is it because his text is inactive until he is played? If that is true, should he not read “… when this personnel is played and you command 3 [Baj] personnel…” ? :cheersL:
Disagree. I'm ok with these guys only playing to OG HQs. Meaningful choices.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
durgforaday wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:30 pm Is it because his text is inactive until he is played? If that is true, should he not read “… when this personnel is played and you command 3 [Baj] personnel…” ? :cheersL:
Most gametext is inactive by default until a card has entered play, according to the playing-a-card section of the rulebook (page 18, 2nd column). There are (of course) exceptions, but becoming an affiliation isn't one of them.

I can see an argument that, in the case of Olamu and Bajor, Blessed of the Prophets it becomes a matter of "Any gametext on the card required to play it to its destination activates." However, that's a couple levels of abstraction out, I still think the most plaintext read is that Olamu can't play to Blessed Bajor unless you go nuts and do something like use Profound Discovery to do it.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I was not advocating for anything one way or another. If text on a card is not active until it is played then I agree, you could not play him at [Baj] only homeworld because he is in fact [NA] until he enters play. The wording I was suggesting would be unneeded due to that rule. I was suggesting a clarification ( although not very clearly) that is already made in the rule book. :cheersL:
This also sux because I like playing Kwov to the Voq’leg in the [DQ] and cannot because he is not [Kli] until he enters play! Curses!!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
durgforaday wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:16 pmThis also sux because I like playing Kwov to the Voq’leg in the [DQ] and cannot because he is not [Kli] until he enters play! Curses!!

You could upgrade the ship with the latest Holodeck Grid technology.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation