Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ive been watching videos on how to improve memorization, which focuses on creating stories around the words or concepts you're trying to memorize. Then all you have to do is remember the story. However, trying to track skills so far leads to lots of stories that I have limited time to create. Ive been using fruit, body parts, and other stuff that can quickly help me remember who has what (ie Nog Eager Cadet's Apple (Acquisition ) was stolen by an Eagle (Engineer) out of his Honda (Honor) while he was practicing his Phonics (Physics)). So far its too many stories to generate and remember like this all at once (even the risque ones) :wink: .

Any skill trackers out there that would like to divulge their methods?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I usually go through a list of skills that aren't in play first and then try to remember how much of other skills are in play. After that, who those skills are on. Rinse and repeat.

That's how it seems to work for me. I don't know how else to explain it as it's not a perfect system. But it seems to work more often than not. Strangely enough, I seem to do that for attributes as well, also with varying degrees of success.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
In 2004 when Necessary Evil came out I bought 2 boxes and pulled 3 copies of Counterinsurgency Program between them. Seeing how strong that dilemma could be in the right hands, I committed to memorizing the list of eligible skills that can be named - 19 in all - and just doing straight rote memorization in alphabetical order.

When playing such dilemmas I run through that list in my head while also considering who all my opponent has in play, and if I identify a gap, I keep track of it until my opponent gets TWO people with that skill in play, as with one I have ways of dealing with them.

I'm not sure there's much finesse to that approach... more like ~20 years of brute force, but it still does an OK job of getting the job done.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]