Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What should be the next affiliation developed?

Vulcan
20%
Xindi
80%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week, we look into the future. You know we are planning and actively developing a new affiliation based on the Vidiians. However, that is not the only template that is ready for to move forward into active design.

The Vulcan and Xindi have templates rearing and ready to go. Based on that information, and that alone, which should design prioritize?

While the Vulcans will almost certainly be limited to Enterprise, there are possibilities to expand the ranks if treaded carefully. They also have some great Star Power available.

The Xinidi are even more limited to Enterprise, and have significantly less to work with being in a single season, at least with what is immediately available. it does present some interesting design possibilities for Design to explore and Testing to play the heck out of.

What do you think? Which is the best way forward and why? Revoting is allowed but the poll will close in two weeks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I can't answer this without the additional context of what new/ different mechanic each of these options will bring to the table as an addition to the game.

If there's nothing new to be added mechanically, don't do a new affiliation just to do a new affiliation.

We have plenty of colors of solvers, not sure we need another one.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:21 pm I can't answer this without the additional context of what new/ different mechanic each of these options will bring to the table as an addition to the game.

If there's nothing new to be added mechanically, don't do a new affiliation just to do a new affiliation.

We have plenty of colors of solvers, not sure we need another one.
I agree completely. Maybe Xindi would have some sort of built in counter to Earth-based headquarters? Maybe Vidiians would be some sort of counter to no-HQ decks? Both mechanical options could serve an important gameplay role that also has "Trek sense."
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]