Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[S] •Klingon-Occupied Outland, Enact Poetic Revenge
[AQ] 30
Exobiology, Leadership, Navigation, Treachery, and Cunning>34
Temporal.
When you complete this mission, flip it over.
"So what's he planning to do? Contact his younger self and warn himself about Kirk?"
"He could be planning to kill Kirk."

[Baj][Car][Kli][Rom]
Span 3
61 V 5
[S] •2268 Deep Space Station K-7, Dispose of Explosive Tribble
[AQ] 0
Anthropology, Biology, Security, and Cunning>24
Temporal.
When this side is revealed, name a personnel. Each personnel with that card title loses all skills, abilities, and attributes. At the start of each opponent's turn, if their personnel here have this mission's printed requirements, flip this mission.
No personnel may attempt this mission.
Span 3
61 V 5*

Con:
  • For four different skills and Cunning>34, one would expect to score 35 points, rather than 30...
Pro:
  • ...but this is obviously offset by the "When you complete" game text on the flipside.
  • As with the other Temporal flip missions, it requires your opponent to end a turn of theirs here to turn it off the following turn, which mean they're open to any combat/capture shenanigans you might be running.
  • Each attemptable affiliation has at least one native personnel with three of the four skills (with the Klingons being lucky enough to have Nu'Daq), so it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate in a deck.
Overall:
  • Feel weird (to me) that Arne Darvin has only one of the skills required to "Enact [His] Poetic Revenge".
  • This isn't the first time we've seen text akin to this. Remember Deal With the Count Man? As that hasn't been used in ~7 years (despite recent promotions of smugglers and thieves), one wonders if this card'll see play for its potential shutdown text.
  • The third Temporal mission in the game, but still doesn't add to the pool of missions attemptable by the (currently) three personnel who benefit from playing with Temporal missions.
    • :cross: that we see either a non- [Fed] personnel who enjoys a Temporal mission or a [Fed] Temporal mission soon.
  • Is the draw of the game text strong enough to make Standard players consider this 30 point 3 span space mission over 2 span space alternatives? Will this see more play in HoF where those missions have already been retired? Time will tell.
  • For me, it's a 5 out of 10.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I will give it a try in Standard due to the proliferation of "Tier 1" decks right now that lean heavily on particularly strong personnel (several of whom are named in the article). I suspect that it will need to be combined with some other kind of strategy to achieve its full potential though.

The range doesn't scare me off too much, as in general (to refer to @edgeofhearing's post in the other thread), I don't find playing decks that have been "solved" to be particularly interesting or fulfilling.

Conversely, in HoF, the retirement of PII opens up space to bring in those Temporal [Fed]'s. Perhaps even some synergy with the new card that was spoiled over on Facebook?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
While Klingon-Occupied Outland (Enact Poetic Revenge) does have more difficult requirements than your average 30 point mission, it does not have a lot of the downsides that keep Deal With the Count Man from seeing play. DWtCM requires three counters, eats cards from your deck, goes away on its own if your opponent ignores it, and is subject to event destruction if your opponent really wants to get rid of it. Plus it requires a Thief personnel, which most decks won't reliably have in play.

I think this mission is good enough to see some play. Strength decks often use Provoke Interstellar Incident and/or Starbase 718 for their space mission. In those decks, the new mission could take the fourth slot, letting players call an audible against decks which rely on one key personnel. I don't think the mission will be popular enough that I build around dodging it, but I do think it's good enough that I wouldn't look at somebody funny for using it.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Danny wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:45 am
[S] •Klingon-Occupied Outland, Enact Poetic Revenge
[AQ] 30
Exobiology, Leadership, Navigation, Treachery, and Cunning>34
Temporal.
When you complete this mission, flip it over.
"So what's he planning to do? Contact his younger self and warn himself about Kirk?"
"He could be planning to kill Kirk."

[Baj][Car][Kli][Rom]
Span 3
61 V 5
[S] •2268 Deep Space Station K-7, Dispose of Explosive Tribble
[AQ] 0
Anthropology, Biology, Security, and Cunning>24
Temporal.
When this side is revealed, name a personnel. Each personnel with that card title loses all skills, abilities, and attributes. At the start of each opponent's turn, if their personnel here have this mission's printed requirements, flip this mission.
No personnel may attempt this mission.
Span 3
61 V 5*

Con:
  • For four different skills and Cunning>34, one would expect to score 35 points, rather than 30...
Pro:
  • ...but this is obviously offset by the "When you complete" game text on the flipside.
  • As with the other Temporal flip missions, it requires your opponent to end a turn of theirs here to turn it off the following turn, which mean they're open to any combat/capture shenanigans you might be running.
  • Each attemptable affiliation has at least one native personnel with three of the four skills (with the Klingons being lucky enough to have Nu'Daq), so it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate in a deck.
Overall:
  • Feel weird (to me) that Arne Darvin has only one of the skills required to "Enact [His] Poetic Revenge".
  • This isn't the first time we've seen text akin to this. Remember Deal With the Count Man? As that hasn't been used in ~7 years (despite recent promotions of smugglers and thieves), one wonders if this card'll see play for its potential shutdown text.
  • The third Temporal mission in the game, but still doesn't add to the pool of missions attemptable by the (currently) three personnel who benefit from playing with Temporal missions.
    • :cross: that we see either a non- [Fed] personnel who enjoys a Temporal mission or a [Fed] Temporal mission soon.
  • Is the draw of the game text strong enough to make Standard players consider this 30 point 3 span space mission over 2 span space alternatives? Will this see more play in HoF where those missions have already been retired? Time will tell.
  • For me, it's a 5 out of 10.
This is the fourth Temporal mission now, not the third.

Michael
Star Trek: Discovery Season Five Draft

First: Saru Last: Burnham

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]