Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Evt] 2 Captive Audience
Capture. To play this event, you must command three [Rom] personnel. Plays in your core. When an opponent's personnel uses a skill to complete a mission, if your [Rom] personnel with that skill is at that mission, you may destroy this event to place the opponent's personnel using that skill in your brig.
"You still in one piece?"
"Yeah, I'll let you know when my head stops spinning."
61 V 2

Pro:
  • Plays to core, rather than to a mission, so you can hedge your bets on what mission your opponent's going to complete.
  • Non-unique so three could be used on the same completed attempt.
  • Is a Capture card so can be fetched by the Supervising Operative.
  • Can be paired with Shocking Revelation for even more "upon completion" capture.
Con:
  • Requires a [Rom] personnel to be at the mission being completed (although this is a small con, as Romulans have little trouble being where they're not wanted/expected).
  • At first glance, doesn't seem to pair well with the Romulans "trigger upon failure" theme (using Imperial Entanglements, Prideful Director, and Chemical Agent)
    • ...but then Pro: why not get the opponent in a Catch 22 and benefit from both a failure or a pass?
Overall:
  • I like it. I'm a fan of this type of interaction, and this has a strong Romulan flavour, and builds upon a under-developed Romulan theme.
  • For me, it's a 7 out of 10.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation