Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Evt] (3) •Dreadnought
To play this event, you must command three [Fed][Maq] personnel. Plays on an opponent's mission. When an opponent's personnel are about to fail a mission attempt at this mission, you may remove this event from the game to randomly select one of those personnel to be killed.
"...carrying a charge of a thousand kilos of matter and another thousand of antimatter."
61 V 3

Pro: Con:
  • For a variety of reasons (including cost, uniqueness, trigger, effect) it just doesn't compare favourably against the other events that play on your opponent's missions:
    • It's more expensive than Trap Is Sprung.
    • It's unique, compared to TIS' non-uniqueness.
    • The trigger (when a mission is failed) means it might not happen, if shenanigans are abound. And as it only removes itself on a failure, one might find it sitting on a completed mission, unable to be played elsewhere.
      • Compare this to the equally-costed and similarly-unique Shocking Revelation which triggers on a mission's (inevitable?) completion.
    • The selection of personnel to be selected is random (compared to SR's choice pull).
    • A killing of a personnel is an easier thing to prevent compared to losing command of one, or one's capture, so the effect might be stopped entirely.
Overall:
  • I think, with any number of minor tweaks (cheaper? choice of personnel, rather than random? additional, secondary order in case it finds itself useless?) this could have been better. As is, it's not for me, and although I'd probably put it in the first draft of a Quatal Prime, I think it might be first to get cut.
  • It's a 4.5/10.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I saw this card weeks ago and I would never use this card with its cost. 2 cost would work. Another card nobody prints or plays...

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:25 am I saw this card weeks ago and I would never use this card with its cost. 2 cost would work. Another card nobody prints or plays...
In a Maquis event deck this WOULD cost 2 since the headquarters makes it Cost -1
Question for noob

Thanks for all your help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]