Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Ferenginar Regional Participant 2024
If one of the "flipping" missions is flipped and the face down side required Anthro, Archeo, or Acqui but the face up side (back) does not, can I still play artifacts as if that mission is complete? Or does it have to be face up?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
doctorjoya wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:17 pm If one of the "flipping" missions is flipped and the face down side required Anthro, Archeo, or Acqui but the face up side (back) does not, can I still play artifacts as if that mission is complete? Or does it have to be face up?
The mission isn't complete anymore so it doesn't matter what the mission has for mission skills.

Michael

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
doctorjoya wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:17 pm If one of the "flipping" missions is flipped and the face down side required Anthro, Archeo, or Acqui but the face up side (back) does not, can I still play artifacts as if that mission is complete? Or does it have to be face up?
You are considered to command whichever side is face-up, and not whichever side is face-down. You need the face-up side to require one of the three skills in order to play artifacts.
The Ninja Scot wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:24 pm The mission isn't complete anymore so it doesn't matter what the mission has for mission skills.

Michael
The mission is still complete. Flipping a mission only changes which side of the mission is face-up (and thus which side you command). It does not 'uncomplete' the mission.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Ferenginar Regional Participant 2024
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:44 pm
You are considered to command whichever side is face-up, and not whichever side is face-down. You need the face-up side to require one of the three skills in order to play artifacts.
Ok, so what about the points? Do I keep the points if the 0 side is up?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
doctorjoya wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:52 pm
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:44 pm
Ok, so what about the points? Do I keep the points if the 0 side is up?
jep

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
doctorjoya wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:52 pm Ok, so what about the points? Do I keep the points if the 0 side is up?
To expound upon Johannes' answer, when you complete a mission you score however many points it is worth at the time. If the value changes afterwards (even immediately afterwards, as with the Temporal missions), that change does not affect your score. For example, you cannot retroactively score 5 additional points by playing Habak on an already-complete Region: Demilitarized Zone mission.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:00 pm
doctorjoya wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:52 pm Ok, so what about the points? Do I keep the points if the 0 side is up?
To expound upon Johannes' answer, when you complete a mission you score however many points it is worth at the time. If the value changes afterwards (even immediately afterwards, as with the Temporal missions), that change does not affect your score. For example, you cannot retroactively score 5 additional points by playing Habak on an already-complete Region: Demilitarized Zone mission.
:thumbsup:
South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]