Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Chula: The Precipice says the following:

If you have an even number of personnel, randomly split them in half. Unless one half has a personnel with Leadership, a second personnel with Cunning>5, and a third personnel with Honor, randomly select one half to be stopped.

So what happens if there aren't an even number of personnel? Does the dilemma just fizzle if an odd number of people are in the mission attempt when it hits? I'm probably missing something really obvious here...but I don't know what. :shifty:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I think, but I am not sure, that if you have an odd number of personnel facing Chula: The Precipice, it just goes away without effect. (On the other hand, it's a (near-)guaranteed auto-stop against 4-person attempts at missions like Caretaker's Array.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Thanks! :thumbsup: I guess that means one must calculate, based on number of dilemmas one gets to draw (compensating for modifiers) how many personnel the opponent has, and then use The Precipice when the away team is an appropriate size.

Another question Shady Resources says "When your personnel is facing a dilemma, discard a card from hand to make him or her gain all skills on one of your other Treachery personnel at this mission." What's the significance of "your other Treachery personnel?" The first part of interrupt just says "your personnel" but "other Treachery personnel," would normally lead me to assume the first personnel is also a Treachery personnel. Is that correct?

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:Thanks! :thumbsup: I guess that means one must calculate, based on number of dilemmas one gets to draw (compensating for modifiers) how many personnel the opponent has, and then use The Precipice when the away team is an appropriate size.

Another question Shady Resources says "When your personnel is facing a dilemma, discard a card from hand to make him or her gain all skills on one of your other Treachery personnel at this mission." What's the significance of "your other Treachery personnel?" The first part of interrupt just says "your personnel" but "other Treachery personnel," would normally lead me to assume the first personnel is also a Treachery personnel. Is that correct?
I think this is strange wording because the idea that a personnel was never present with themselves hadn't been soldified yet. There are a lot of cards like this in the 2e Premeire set. As far as I know the first personnel does not need to have treachery.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:Another question Shady Resources says "When your personnel is facing a dilemma, discard a card from hand to make him or her gain all skills on one of your other Treachery personnel at this mission." What's the significance of "your other Treachery personnel?" The first part of interrupt just says "your personnel" but "other Treachery personnel," would normally lead me to assume the first personnel is also a Treachery personnel. Is that correct?
That one I would guess is that a 'shady' person would have Treachery. Honorable people may actually use bad methods at times (Sisko in 'In The Pale Moonlight') so it may be that.

Another option would be there may have been a wording originally (like playtest 2E Premier early) that had the qualifier on the personnel gaining the skills and got changed to just making sure you gained from a 'shady' personnel.

Both answers are pure speculation.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Triumph wrote:Another question Shady Resources says "When your personnel is facing a dilemma, discard a card from hand to make him or her gain all skills on one of your other Treachery personnel at this mission." What's the significance of "your other Treachery personnel?" The first part of interrupt just says "your personnel" but "other Treachery personnel," would normally lead me to assume the first personnel is also a Treachery personnel. Is that correct?
I think it's worded like that, not because they expect the first personnel to be Treacherous, but because they don't mind where the Treachery personnel is - the way it's worded, the personnel you're borrowing the skills from doesn't need to be present, rather, they just have to be "at the mission" (so, they can be aboard a ship in orbit of the planet mission your other personnel are attempting, or they can be aboard a ship while your crew are attempting that space mission on a different ship).

So:
  • "discard a card from hand to make him or her gain all skills on one of your Treachery personnel present" doesn't cut it, as they have to be standing next to them;
  • "discard a card from hand to make him or her gain all skills on one of your Treachery personnel at this mission" doesn't work either, as they could borrow their own skills if they happened to have Treachery;
  • which only leaves "discard a card from hand to make him or her gain all skills on one of your other Treachery personnel at this mission."

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]