For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.
  • 100 posts

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'm Scott, the owner of CategoryOneGames.com. For years we have served the Star Wars community with top notch service and the largest selection of cards on the internet and we just launched our Star Trek section http://www.categoryonegames.com/catalog ... ccg_1e/391

We have a large selection of Rares, Commons and Uncommons. We have three graded levels for Rares - Mint/NM, Slightly Played and Played - lowering in price depending on the condition. For Commons and Uncommons we usually just list them in bulk because of the lack of time available to grade all these cards. This lets you choose what card condition you want and if your a player you get the best deal while a collector knows they are getting a card that is actually NM. I hand grade each Rare/Premium/Foil under a natural light to ensure that your card is in the condition it is listed as on the site. If a card isn't in stock that your looking for, you can always add it to your wishlist and you'll get an email when it comes back in stock.

We offer a discount program that automatically inputs your discount each time you go to checkout from the site. Depending on how much you have spent on the site, depends on the level of discount you receive on your next visit. A full breakdown of that can be found here: http://www.categoryonegames.com/reward_points

C1G is also looking to purchase your cards. You can sell them to us at the price listed for cash or get 88% more than that price in store credit. Just add cards to your Buyback list and click on the shopping cart and it will show you the price comparison.

The best thing about our site is our customer service. When you email in, you will be dealing with me, Scott @ CategoryOneGames.com. I'm a gamer, I started playing Star Trek in the Nashville area when First Contact came out. I get your items shipped usually the same day your order is placed and within 48 hours at the latest. Your items will be packed securely and shipped to you with care.

We are still working on our Premiere, AU, Q and DS9 sets to get all the Commons and Uncommons for those sets on the site and I'm still working on getting Premiere WB Alpha and Beta sets on the site. Star Trek 2E will be coming shortly, but because of a shortage on our end of 2E cards, we will be relying on you to trade in or sell us your extras to help provide a larger inventory for players/collectors.
Last edited by CategoryOneGames.com on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 am, edited 15 times in total.

By Gruntman
 -  
I'll have to try your site, one of these days.

Maybe even to resell a few of my spares. (though with me being in France, and all, I'd have to check if postage still makes it worth it, and pray that they'd arrive in the 7-day window.)

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey There Gruntman, we just shipped some items to France today. If you keep it at/under 2 ounces it is 6.65 or so to ship but if it goes to 3/4 ounces it goes up to 9.65 or so. When you add items to your cart you can click on the cart button on the top right and it will show you your shipping options.

By Gruntman
 -  
Oh, but I'm not worried about things going that way. I've bought enough from the States to have a solid grasp of the shipping costs & the 5 or 6 days shipping time until I get my orders.

It's more the other way that's an unknown (both as far as delays/costs go), in case i'd want to send you some of my spares. So i'll have to look it up with my post office... but first, i'll have to sort the big box of unsorted cards gathering dust in my closet. :wink:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'm guessing that you purchased the Ceti Eels. Let me know how soon you get them, I shipped them out the day after you ordered them. You should get them this week.

The crazy thing is that I had purchased around 2-3 cases of the last few sets of 1E right when Decipher lost the license. (Including Motion Picture, Reflections, etc.) I opened a ton of boxes to put together pack fresh sets for myself not knowing that Motion Picture and Reflections would rise so quickly in price. That is why I have so many Mint singles from most of the later sets is because of this mass opening of packs/boxes.

One thing that is obvious though is Decipher did not quality check the printing of Reflections or Tribbles. I opened 3 cases of each and TONS of the cards have lines down the back from where the printer's must have been running low of ink or had problems with it because there are print lines down the back. That's why almost all of my Rares from those two sets are listed as VF, even though the front of the card is perfect, the back has printing/ink lines down the back.

By Gruntman
 -  
Yup, I recently opened a Tribbles booster box, and noticed the same problems on some cards. On a few missions, since the cards are mostly black ink, you could also notice those lines on the front. It wasn't consistent at all through each pack or the box, though.

(reminds me of a couple months ago, when I went to check on my premiums folder, and discovered that three or four of the Enhanced First Contact exclusives were covered in a weird splatter-like pattern from an unknown origin, that seemed to have developed over timefrom the black ink. The other exclusives, acquired at the same moment/place, and stored on the same sleeve, in the same conditions ? Flawless. Thankfully, the splatter went away after a soft swipe of a cloth, and the cards are undamaged.)

(also reminds me of a Magic-collecting friend who had a bunch of french-edition Homelands cards slowly turn green after a month or so, without warning or explanation)

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Oh man Enhanced First Contact is the WORST. I opened tons of those packs and all of the so and so of Borg each have a bubble like effect going on with the face of the card. It's like water bubbled up and stayed that way - really it looks like the top layer of film on the card bubbled up and stayed that way but it does look like water bubbles. I marked all of mine as played on the site since that is how they all look, which really sucks since they are pack fresh but the front has that stupid bubble effect that hurts their condition and value.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
That bubble layer should wipe off… or at least it did when the set came out. Just rub gently and hopefully it should come clean.
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Well, I can now vouch for Category One as a seller. My first order came yesterday and everything was in excellent condition and the shipping turn around was extremely fast. A+! :thumbsup:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Glad to see we have more sellers sites! I was searching your site and was wondering, do you have an option to buy cards by the set, or even the option to buy common/uncommon/rare parts to a set? I was looking for a few entire sets and find that it's very hard to come by for a decent price. Thanks!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'm going to get Common and Uncommon sets together and Full sets within the next little bit. Right now I have full sets of WB Premiere, AU, Q, First Contact and The Dominion that I'll be putting on shortly with Common and Uncommon sets coming after that.

I've got 50,000 Star Trek cards that I'm picking up this weekend in a massive trade - I'm giving a fellow store all my Magic that I was eventually going to put on the site for all their Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and Young Jedi.

I'm a school teacher and so I get a lot of items done during the summer for the site. I'm hoping I have sets on there by summer but it will be early summer by the latest. I've been working on getting Star Trek on the site and wanted to get what I had on without waiting any longer.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
CategoryOneGames.com wrote:I'm going to get Common and Uncommon sets together and Full sets within the next little bit. Right now I have full sets of WB Premiere, AU, Q, First Contact and The Dominion that I'll be putting on shortly with Common and Uncommon sets coming after that.

I've got 50,000 Star Trek cards that I'm picking up this weekend in a massive trade - I'm giving a fellow store all my Magic that I was eventually going to put on the site for all their Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and Young Jedi.

I'm a school teacher and so I get a lot of items done during the summer for the site. I'm hoping I have sets on there by summer but it will be early summer by the latest. I've been working on getting Star Trek on the site and wanted to get what I had on without waiting any longer.
Wow that's a cool trade (I guess it depends on what cards you and them had, that and I don't particularly like MTG). Also, interesting that you're a school teacher, one of my plans for after college if nothing else works out. Look forward to seeing the sets up there.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]