For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Even though packs are fun to open, some of the earlier sets are just cheaper/easier to buy the full set.

~D

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Atma wrote:Been a lot of years since buying from Hills, but I'm a fellow Canadian and yikes do I hear you on that one. However, the quote you got is even more terrible than usual, there should be some sort of bulk shipping rate in the shippig options. It's not intuitive, you have to change the shipping options and just go with whatever is cheapest. That being said, I've had to pay customs on a purchase from them before. Just be aware that you might have to pay something additional above and beyond the quoted price and shipping once it actually arrives!

...Wish I had some boxes to send your way to save on shipping and customs, etc, but I've never been good at keeping a sealed box. Gotta open 'em all ;)
It is indeed a little crazy.

Subtotal for cards: $86.00
Options for shipping:
USPS Int'l: $72.55
USPS Priority: $107
UPS Expedited: $225

What in the ... haha Again, I get it... you get dinged on the size AND the weight. But come on. And as you say, if there are customs fees? ugh.

I live about 90 min from the border so I may just have it delivered to a UPS store and pick it up. The shipping to there is ~$20. But time and gas and blargh.

By Atma
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
If you can keep the weight under a certain amount, it doesn't spike up as quickly. Premiere boxes are heavier though, to fit in more commons that you won't know what to do with :P

CategoryOneGames has a few boxes available, but not sure if they're the ones you might be after. I've always liked their site better, and you don't get as gouged for shipping. But yeah, they don't have the same selection as Hills.

eBay is great if you happen to find a seller in Canada, but they're a lot rarer now.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So life got in the way, as it is want to do, but I finally finished sorting my wee collection of cards. Boy oh boy, am I missing a lot.

Having said that .. I now have a want list, so I suppose its not all bad :) It's at the link here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/546g31c8xozqp ... t.xls?dl=0
It's a copy of the card database .. no viruses :)
On the WANT tab, I have sorted the missing cards into 4 columns. From left to right, in order of importance to collecting. I'm not missing much from AU, Dom, FC, MM, QC, and RoA. So that's good from a completion perspective.

I don't have much of a "have" list. Mostly uncommons/commons of what is NOT on the want list, though, not everything.
Which brings up a point: I bought a bunch of OTSD (24, in fact) boxes for a little project my son and I want to do together. So I have A LOT of OTSD cards. Would the CC be interested in a donation to be used as prize support? I realize the box isn't there but hey, it would be something. If not, no worries .. no harm, no foul.

Anywho, if anyone has a bunch of cards hanging around they want to get rid of, send me a PM :)

Thanks a bunch.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:Anywho, if anyone has a bunch of cards hanging around they want to get rid of, send me a PM :)

Hey .. just to be clear on this point: I didnt mean "hey gimme free stuff." I meant that as in purchasing.

After reading it back to myself a bit later, I realized it may have come off in the wrong way.

My apologies :)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, I'm sort of at a crossroads.

After a few good purchases, I've gotten my want list down a bunch. Not including WB, my want list is down to 600 cards and 52 reflections/BOG foils. If I take out AGT, DS9 (about half), and BB Premiere (about half), its about 200 cards ... all rares. Particularly from Borg, Boy, HA, and TMP. Don't have any Enhanced Premier, 2 player game, or Enterprise Foils.

I have finished off Mirror Mirror. Missing only Future Enterprise from AU. Missing 4 from QC. Missing 12 from Dom. Missing 10 from TwT.

Been buying as singles to piece together sets. The problem I have now is for Voy and Borg (and to a lesser degree, TMP) ... those fn dual affil's. To buy as singles, they are so expensive. I'm wondering which is better: just continue to buy as singles or buy a booster box of each and hope to pick up a few. A booster box for each is about $30 and has 30 rares so the hope would be to pull a few good one's then piece together the balance.

Same with reflections. At least with reflections, there are cards from other expansions, which helps. Though, I'm not sure the frequency of rares or sets within them.

Anywho, just looking for opinions on which direction to go.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wooo wooo. Finally finished my 1st set. Mirror Mirror.

Also closing in on RoA, where I'm only missing Nog, Senator Cretak, USS Sao Paolo.

Not really trade related. But very exciting nonetheless:)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just got a Future Enterprise to finish off Alternate Universe. Wooo!

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey gang,

Would anyone happen to have really good quality pictures of the front/top of each of the expansion boxes?

My plan is to display my collection in binders. I want to have each expansion in a binder, with a custom made insert for the spine. For the front sleeve, I would like to have a picture of the actual expansion box but pictures online seem to be hard to come by .. at least good quality ones.

Just wondering if, those of you who have the actual boxes still kicking around, could get me some high res photos. Just looking straight down with as little else as possible.

Thanks a bunch :)
Chad
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I have all the box tops. Something might be arranged.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I have all the box tops. Something might be arranged.

Could the scans of the box tops be made available to everyone?

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I have all the box tops. Something might be arranged.

Might? Is this where I gots to beg and plead? :p

Its certainly not a rush by any stretch. But something I'd like to do over the next few months or so

I JUST bought the shelves I'll be using. currently its just a blank wall :p

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Before: the blank slate
Attachments:
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (92.13 KiB) Viewed 3408 times

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
During: where the magic will happen