For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By kale231
 -  
I have a large collection of 1E cards but have never played the game and would like to find a new home for them. I also have a few boxes full of commons/uncommons. I would prefer to sell the whole thing as a lot but if there are specific cards people want I would entertain singles sales.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ia9oKt ... sp=sharing

Thanks!
Last edited by kale231 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Brak_ (Chris O'Connell)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Honestly, you have a lot to go through, and even the photos are a lot for people to sift through if you want them to buy the whole collection.

You might have an easier go at selling it if you take the time to sort the cards by expansion, instead of card type. Since cards are printable now through the CC site, most people looking for physical cards want specific sets for collecting, instead of playing.

It might even be easier to sell off complete or partial sets instead of the whole thing. Someone who wants The Motion Pictures cards may not be interested in WB Premiere. Otherwise expect to not get as much for the whole thing as you would for smaller pieces.

By kale231
 -  
Yeah, I generally agree. I just don't know the card game well enough to know what's valuable and what's not. Is there a good resource for complete set lists and understanding rarities? I've gotten a few offers on the cards as is, so I imagine they will sell.

Thanks!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I assumed we had struck a deal, as you asked for my address to look into shipping, but your recent post seems to suggest otherwise.

I offered a very fair price.

To answer your question about whats valuable, Let me go over it and others can confirm or call me a liar.

Your collection has no Premier Black Border cards (White Border Premier, even rares, have very little value. You can buy sealed boxes of WB - containing 36 packs each - for just $12 at Hills Wholesale Gaming. Someone can probably put an entire set together for less than $60 and have the fun of pulling them fresh from the packs!)

You DO have a fair amount of DS9... I will add, however, that many of the rares in those binders seems to have seen some play and the edges are looking rough. Hard to tell how extensive the damage is and which cards Id still need to replace. If this was a complete set in mint condition, it might fetch around $300 or so. Here is a COMPLETE set in mint condition on ebay for $320: https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-TREK-CCG- ... Sw6rVe7LNP

Your Dominion set is missing like 4 cards (not counting the WB preview cards). A complete mint set sold recently for about $160: https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-TREK-CCG- ... 7675.l2557 You DO have 1 of the preview cards, and wouldnt be hard to pick up the 4 missing. Its one of the reasons I offered the price that I did.

Your Rules of Acquisition, Mirror Mirror, and Trouble with Tribbles are pretty much worthless. TwT (mint) with the Ultra Rare McCoy (which I didnt see in your collection) is like $100 (about 60 without it), RoA is $50 mint and complete, and MM is $60 mint and complete WITH the Ultra Rare Spock (also didnt see in your collection). The Ultra Rare Spock sells for about $40 on his own. The fact is the UR cards are the only money cards in these sets and you dont have them. Outside of the UR cards, the sets STILL arent complete.

Voyager COMPLETE and MINT might fetch $350-450... Yours, however, isnt even close to complete, missing half of the bridge crew and lots of other rares. Its honestly missing the most expensive cards. You are missing Janeway, B'Ellona (Federation) Chakotay (both affiliations), Tuvok, Neelix (both Affiliations), Kes (Federation), Seven of Nine (both affiliations), U.S.S. Equinoix (Federation) and tons more. Tons of money will need to be spend to complete this set.

The Borg Mint and Complete WITH all alternate affiliations and the Ultra Rare Barclay (again you are missing) sells at less than $100: https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-TREK-CCG- ... 7675.l2557 Barclay on his own will run about $30 and that still wouldnt complete your set. Its missing a LARGE number of the dual affiliations including EVERY version of the Borg kids (both Federation and Non-Aligned), No Orums, No Marikas, No Riley Fraziers. Your "collection" of this set is so incomplete I couldnt even begin to toss out a value on it.

The Motion Pictures is the most valuable of any cards you have in your collection. A complete Set can go for over $400. With the UR and all it can go $800 or more. That said, I counted about 20 R/R+ cards in your collection (out of 53 R/R+ cards) and again, you are missing the Ultra Rare Kirk. You are missing the regular rare Kirk. Missing Captain Spock, Captain Sulu, Commander Chekov, Commander Rand, Commander Uhura, Dr McCoy, Mr. Scott...
You have not even half of the rares in the set and none are the ones that give it it's high value.

The fact is your collection is NOT in mint (most cards might be, but many of the rares arent). Not a single set is complete. You are missing many of the key cards. Its impossible to put a value on incomplete sets because the missing cards can be the high $ cards (and in your case, you are missing a lot of the high $ cards).

Despite all of this, I made a substantial offer because this would have added a lot of missing cards to my own collection. In some cases completing a few sets. I also could have used the cards that I dont need for my collection to trade with others, helping them to complete theirs while filling in the final gaps. My offer was fair to you for what you have and I didnt lowball you at all. I was actually more generous than its worth... but I was counting on trading with other members to make up for it.

But I now withdraw my offer to you, as Im not going to be jerked around. You replied saying it was a fair offer and asked for my address to check shipping rates. Now here you are saying you have had multiple offers and want to do more research. Im sure SOMEONE will come along and buy your cards (or maybe not), but I wont be the one now. Good luck with your sale.

By kale231
 -  
I seem to have angered One of Two. We did have an agreement in PM's that I fully intended to honor to sell them the cards (as they said we even had gotten address info to verify shipping cost). They interpreted my asking questions about value and rarity to suggest I was entertaining other offers even though in my post I clearly stated that I expected to the cards to sell to an offer I was already given. When I saw their post here I immediately PM'd them to confirm that I would of course honor our agreement and that the cards were held for them, they chose to still not move forward with the transaction.

I am open to other offers at this point since One of Two has stated they no longer want the cards.

Thanks!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Before MY reputation gets tarnished on here:
At first, I sent a VERY low offer based on the original Imgur photos.
After continuing to look at the pics, I sent a message asking if that was all of the photos, because I noticed there was only a few personnel cards. Thats when Kale231 discovered the error and supplied the rest of the photos.
After seeing more, I increased my offer substantially and received the following message:

"That seems like a fair offer. Let me get your address to see how much shipping is going to cost, it's a heavy binder haha.
I also found a few other small binders today, I'll take photos of those as well to see if you are interested in them."

I took this as accepting my deal, even if its kinda vague and non-committal. I also assumed those new binders were included and it wasnt until a later message that I realize he intended to sell them separate.

I replied, saying that if packed carefully, he might be able to get everything in a Flat Rate box and included some packing guidance on how to make sure they didnt get damaged (Last thing Id want if for them to be tossed in loose and get all scratched up in transport). No response.

Ok... no biggie, I figure he is looking into shipping options. But 4 hours later Im seeing him posting here asking about where to get more info on card values and rarities.

At this point, Im upset. This very much appears to be someone that has suggested we have deal, while putting me on hold to see if a better offer comes through and I call him on it with my post. In his post on here, he stated he is confident they will sell, but also doesnt state that it has a sale pending... which seems to be an invite for more offers, while I'm being told to wait.

After seeing my response, he then messaged with the excuse:
"I commented on a thread about not knowing how the rarity system works and asking about card lists since this is a card game from the 90s that I never played, I merely was curious how the card game functioned in these capacities and was having a conversation with another person on this forum."

Sorry... but I don't buy that. You just now decide you want to learn how to play the game, now that you are selling your cards? And what does card rarity have to do with understanding the game?

He also mentioned finding more binders... and added:
"I will take photos of the rest of the stuff I have today and you have first dibs on it if you decide you want it"

Why would I have "first dibs" on buying the new binders? Shouldn't these be part of the collection?

So yes... I have withdrawn my offer. I make an offer and you accept it or leave it. This isnt an auction where I wait to see if someone makes another. I dont buy a collection only to have first dibs on the new stuff you just found that wasnt included.

Its all too shady for my taste.

By kale231
 -  
You made an offer for the cards shown, why would the additional cards I found be a part of that offer? If you decided you didn't want the additional cards then we would have gone forward with the original deal and I would have sold those cards to someone else, if you felt those cards had value I wanted to give you the first chance to buy them since we were already in negotiations for the cards I had shown.

As I said in my PM I'm sorry this sale was soured for you but there isn't anything shady going on. It's fine you don't want to buy the cards, someone else will.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
You had mentioned to me about boxs of Uncommons and Commons that were included as well, yet no pictures of them were supplied. The title of this thread is "1E collection for sale". You have turned down offers to sell individual cards or sets, wanting to sell as a collection.

And now you say "You made an offer for the cards shown, why would the additional cards I found be a part of that offer?"

I did NOT make an offer for "the cards shown", as you stated there were cards not shown that were included. Then after I make an offer you state that there are more cards that arent included. How is that NOT shady?

If you had found the binders and said "hey... Thanks for the offer, but I found more cards. I'm going to take new pics and add them. I believe the value will increase.", than I would have understood and probably have just upped my offer depending on what included.

By kale231
 -  
It really doesn't feel like continuing this conversation is going to resolve anything because clearly we had different understandings and expectations for the transaction. I am only continuing to reply as this is a thread I am trying to sell this collection in and if I don't clarify your statements then it's just a bunch of comments from you calling me shady.

Frankly, it seems for the best that we didn't move forward with our transaction because there likely would have been more confusion between us in the future due to our clearly different interpretations of the language used in our PMs.

You said "I'd do $600 after looking through. You actually have a fair amount that I am missing."

At that point you were aware of a binder which you had photos of and a few boxes of commons/uncommons (that you never asked for more information about), so that is what I interpreted your offer of $600 for, the lot of the binder you had pictures of and the boxes of commons/uncommons. I then told you that I had additional binders that I had found (clearing out storage unit), which to me would obviously not be a part of your original offer because you did not know they existed when you made the offer. I could have just as easily not brought them up at all and kept them, but I wanted to give you an option to purchase them as you seemed very excited about the sale having PM'd me multiple times about it, and of course it would be easier for me to sell everything I had to one person vs multiple sales.

I think I have been more than reasonable with your abrupt change in attitude towards me, I immediately tried to rectify the situation when you were upset and continued to offer to uphold the deal we had original agreed upon, you've decided you don't want to buy from me and frankly at this point I think you've made the right decision, I don't think we would have had an amicable sale now reading through your interpretation of the events.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]