For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.
Hi all, it has been awhile on since I have been on the boards. I have heard rumors on the facebook group about a "White Test Print card" with a white front and the Star Trek card icon on the back of the card.

Does anyone know if this actually exists and if so does anyone have an extra copy?

I am an avid collector and would be very interested in this. I would easily/happily pay over $1,000 and possibly more (or a combination of $ and cards for trade) for this card if someone had a spare, as I don't have much else to collect from first edition.

I also have several cards to trade including UR from all sets, and several miscellaneous cards from holodeck adventures, DS9/Terok Nor, U.R. Kirk, Dixon Hill, etc.

If anyone could provide me any information as to whether this card is out there, that would be very helpful. This group has been so incredible and I am blessed to have been a part of it over the years as it has greatly helped me with my collecting. I know it's a long shot, but hopefully someone has one available and is willing to part with one. Thank you all for your time and Live Long and Prosper.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
fred1701d wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:55 am
Does anyone know if this actually exists and if so does anyone have an extra copy?
I have never seen or heard of one of those. If we're thinking about how those cards get made, I know the black and rainbow ones were extra slots on the print sheet. I know for a fact that a lot of the black test cards out there came from the printing of the Second Edition 10th Anniversary set, which IIRC had the Necessary Evil foils on it as well. I think they way cards were produced was the color was printed over the black background. (If you look at a BB Premiere card vs. a WB one, the colors look faded on the WB cards, which I attribute to this process.) The print pages were usually 11 x 11 cards, or 121 slots. Those sets together don't divide easily into 121, so there were blanks scattered around the sheet. Those blanks made their way into packs.

So, let's extrapolate this into a white test card. There were a very limited number of WB cards made; Premiere '94 and '95, the 2PG promos, and a variety of WB preview cards (1st Anthology, the Defiant and the 4 cards from The Dominion). Premiere has 121 commons, uncommons and rares, so it's impossible for there to be any blank spots on one of those sheets. I don't know anything about how they printed the rest, so it's possible there could be a white test card from one of those runs, but again, I have not seen or heard of one.

So, if it exists, good luck on your hunt!
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
fred1701d wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:25 am Thank you for your insight!!
You're very welcome.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I remember reading about it. That must've been here, or (through my pal, Ias) on fazebuk. Could be that your source is the exact same one (and, possibly, erroneous or illegitimate); or could be that it really exists.
Please do a lot of research, and if possible buy/get it from someone here who is in good standing in the community, before you send out that kind of money... :?
I know for a fact that it is not hard to "erase" a card. Not sure how I did it, but my first dream cards were made by erasing the skill and lore box, and writing in them... :lol:
Carefully done, that could land me a grand from your account, for 5 minutes of work... :neutral:
But, hopefully, I'm just being paranoid.

Good luck! And congrats on the rest of your collection. If you need it: I think it's absolutely complete already, and I revere you as a deity my souvereign :borg: .
Ha! Thanks for the reply! I've been on the boards pretty much since their inception and really appreciate the community. I'm not a player, but wish I could have met some of you all over the years as many members have helped me with that collection. I've made a lot of trades/deals over the years and definitely would carefully vet the source and am fortunate to be in a good situation otherwise. Thanks for your kind comments and I hope you and Jadziadax8 have a great day!
I can confirm that they do in fact exist. I came across 4 of them last year from a single person and traded/sold them on the Facebook group. Since then another person with one has posted a picture of his as well. That’s a minimum of 5. I believe a 6th person has said they have one, but hasn’t shared a picture.

When I got them, and before I did anything with them I stripped a common to see if I could replicate it and I could not. There were slight shadows of the boxes and ink left on the card and the surface was entirely wrong. There is a gloss on the white test cards that is not present when you strip a card.

I also tried removing the foil layer on a card to see if that was possible and was unable to do so without destroying the underlying surface.

I think Jadzia is correct that they are likely blanks from the WB printings, as with the black blanks from the various BB printings. However the individual I got mine from though he got them on MM. He got them 20 years ago in packs so he wasn’t very confident of that however.

I’ve attached a photo of the 4 I had, with one turned over to show the back.

As to selling my personal card that I kept. Normally I’d say no, but I might for that price. Shoot me a PM and we’ll talk about it.
Attachments:
0D436C18-484D-4E37-AE32-D6AA7F22668A.jpeg
0D436C18-484D-4E37-AE32-D6AA7F22668A.jpeg (447.93 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Gareth Hadley wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:29 pm I can confirm that they do in fact exist. I came across 4 of them last year from a single person and traded/sold them on the Facebook group. Since then another person with one has posted a picture of his as well. That’s a minimum of 5. I believe a 6th person has said they have one, but hasn’t shared a picture.

Cool!
Gareth Hadley wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:29 pmWhen I got them, and before I did anything with them I stripped a common to see if I could replicate it and I could not. There were slight shadows of the boxes and ink left on the card and the surface was entirely wrong. There is a gloss on the white test cards that is not present when you strip a card.

I also tried removing the foil layer on a card to see if that was possible and was unable to do so without destroying the underlying surface.
This is good to know.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In the mean time it may have become irrelevant, but I now -- through reading the above again -- believe I remember what I did to "erase" the lore and skill boxes. I think I actually used an eraser. :shock: I think I used sticky foil (used for protecting books) to cover areas I did not want to erase, and went to town on the text. And to my surprise (must've been surprised -- it was a weird plan) it worked.
I may have had a 'good' eraser, but... nothing truly special, I'm sure.
I dont have cards at this location I can try it on, but I'd be curious how well it would work on a whole card. (I guess it'll always be visible a bit -- stripes or something.But if you could use some detergent or solvant to to clean that out...)
Anybody want to try? :P
@fred1701d These are real. I have one. I had more and sold them a long time ago. If I recall correctly, I actually pulled them from a Borg box, but I could be wrong. I remember having a few surprises from booster boxes. One of my TATV boxes had three 082P cards, which no one had at the time. Pics inserted out of order, but the top one is the back side.
Attachments:
20210202_224039.jpg
20210202_224039.jpg (382.4 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
20210202_224103.jpg
20210202_224103.jpg (522.08 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Last edited by czarofthefrozntundra on Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, shit. The more I learn about the 1e collection I sold, the more I realise what I let go, e.g. a bunch of tmp duals that were some of them individually worth more than I sold it for. And now the white test print card that I thought was so common I didn't even sleeve it.

I thought it came out of twt packs, but it could have been any set that came in packs. I was opening everything at the time.
Research is important when buying or selling items, but so is being happy with the end result. At the time you were happy and that was an important part of it Fritzinger. :)

Was the white test card you didn’t sleeve white on both sides (the white spacer card) or was it the standard stccg back on one side and white on the other?
It was white with stccg back.

And yes I was happy that everything went to a good home (a local collector with a 90s ccg fetish).

Getting full value for everything would have required paying murderous international postage, so I'm ok with where it ended up.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation