For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By waweist
 -  
Starting to sell off my deceased husband's collections. (There's a lot) Since you are probably as geeked out over these cards as my husband was, do you know of any online stores or best place to start? My son and I are considering eBay and/or Mercari to sell online.

I have a lot of opened cards (that we played with) and a lot of cellophane wrapped boosters, boxes, etc.

Thanks for any feedback, suggestions!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
If you're looking for simplicity, I think CategoryOneGames.com is pretty straightforward. I'm sure you could get better prices selling the collection off one card/pack at a time on eBay, but then you have to put up with all the hassles of selling things on eBay.

My condolences on your loss.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Hi. I'd like to extend my condolences as well.

Was your husband Bill Weist from Pennsylvania? If so, we worked together on a Star Trek card project around 2009 - he was a real pro and great to work with.

My Dad passed away a while back and it took a good chunk of time for me and my mom to get his collections to better homes. So I know a bit of what you're going through.

I'm not in the market to buy any cards, but if you're looking for someone to help you appraise a collection value and can PM me photos and/or a list, at the very least I can give you a ballpark value to work with.

Johnny

By Jandes62
 -  
Hi, My wife passed away unexpectedly from a pulmonary embolism...she broke her ankle, had surgery, and 4 weeks after surgery she passed away. She developed blood clots but nobody detected. She was trading cards collector. I have lots of special cards, she was selling some on eBay but I was never in to it. I have to close her account. I am going to sell most of her collection in a spring time, but I have problem with pricing. I know that I have to use Google and eBay but still I am not sure that I will get right price. Any advice?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Sorry for your loss as well. As stated above, Category One Games (link is for 1st edition but you can locate second edition on the left nav pane) does buy cards and you could use their prices as a references for your own sales.

I trick I learned, if you search by set and find that a card is out of stock, it won't show a price, however, if you search for that same card by name, you can see the last price that Cat1 had it listed for. Granted that price might be out of date, but it's better than nothing.
Question for noob

Thanks for all your help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]