For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By Roxena
 -  
Hey Guys

My Brother was a super huge massive Trekkie and was a founding member of a Klingon Battle Group, unfortunately my brother passed away and I am now in receipt of literally Thousands of the CCG cards, all older collections Star Trek, Next Gen, Borg ect and I literally have no where to start, I would love it if someone would buy it of me in bulk, as I have so much to do, or any help, I would be super grateful.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I am sorry for your loss. My first advise might be to sit on the collection a moment and decide if you want to perhaps use those cards to play and join the community that he so clearly loved.

If not then you might try and see if the collection is sorted in any logical way. Most of the sets in STCCG has set icons on the right hand side. Those icons might match the top row of icon found on this page. That will help you determine what you might have and have some idea what to charge for the bulk collection.

If they are not organized, you could consider separating them into white border and black border. Most, not all, but most, of the white border is worth much less than the black border so if you were able to tell us what proportion is white vs black it might also help determine a value.

I wish you the best of luck as handling the cards are likely to bring up treasured memories and again my condolences.

By Brak_ (Chris O'Connell)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Do you happen to know if your brother played at all with other people, or just collected? If he played, perhaps there are other players locally who can help you go through it in person, so it's not as such a daunting task.

If you want to sell it all in bulk just to be rid of it, very few people would blindly buy a lot for any significant amount of money. But if that's your primary objective, just be aware that's the trade-off.

If you'd like to sell them to make some money, the first step is to sort and organize them and inventory what there is. Anyone you're going to sell them to will want to know what they're buying. And you want to know what you're selling. If there's a James T. Kirk card, the Ultra Rare from The Motion Pictures expansion, that's worth about $500 currently in mint/near mint condition. If it's mostly First Edition Premiere, Unlimited/White Border with 1995 copyrights, that's the least valuable cards there are because there's so many.

If you do manage to inventory it, you then have a couple of different options. Sell the entire collection in bulk to someone who will likely resell it. CategoryOneGames.com does buy collections, depending on what they need at the moment. But they resell cards, so you won't be getting full "street value". But then you've made some cash and it's done with.

If you sell directly to collectors and players, you can maximize your revenue for the in-demand cards that people want to buy. But you may be stuck with the common stuff no one cares about. At that point you can trash it, recycle it, donate it to Goodwill (they do online auctions of donated card lots), or give it away online.

You also want to pay attention to the condition the cards are in. If they're all in binders and have been protected over the years, they should sell well. If they are bent, the edges frayed, water or smoke damaged, they will be worth significantly less if anything at all.

This understandably seems like a daunting task. But if you identify your main goals and set a plan, and take some time to go through it (even a few hours a week), it is something that can be done.

By girot
 -  
Welcome to our community. Very sorry for your loss, we will do what we can to assist you. So far there is some great information available above. Perhaps we can help you better by figuring out a couple of primary details. Lets start with these...

Where is the collection located (city/state/country)? This will help get a ballpark for shipping, and narrow down potential buyers/help.

Do you want to unload the collection quickly as a single lot?
Do you want to have the collection handled like an "estate sale" on your behalf?
Do you want to break it down yourself to maximize resale value?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation