For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By nwestpha
 -  
Hello,

First time poster. I hope this is the correct place to ask this. Apologies in advance if this is answered somewhere else in the forum or on the site itself. I was unable to find a definitive answer after a lot of digging.

Is there a way to distinguish black border 1994 starter boxes from white border 1994 (alpha) starter boxes without breaking them open?

I cannot see anything distinguishing on the outside that separates the two. Any help would be appreciate.

Cheers,
Nate

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
You have to slide the front row to the side (left I believe) to expose the edge of the boxes behind them to see what is written (vertically) on the right side of the box (front). White border is white text and black border is yellow text.

It’s pretty easy to do. If you go to the Star Trek ccg Facebook group and search you should be able to find old posts about it. Some of which have photos.

By nwestpha
 -  
I stopped playing after alternate universe came out. Not entirely sure why. Recently picked up collecting 1e as a way to relive stng, ds9, voyager, etc. I would imagine play and rules have changed significantly since then.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nwestpha wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:02 am I stopped playing after alternate universe came out. (...) I would imagine play and rules have changed significantly since then.
Yes, lots of changes TBH. But nothing you can't learn.

Would you like to play with Virtual cards? (Traditional+Virtual=Complete.) The new, modern rulebook is great -- it even has basic (pt.1) and advanced (pt.2) versions, so you can take it all in in chunks.

Or would you want to use only your physical -- Traditional -- cards? My Trad group used vintage Decipher rules and errata for that.

If you want, like me, to play both online/in the community (Complete) as well as local/with friends (Trad), it is a great idea to stick to one rules set -- the current OTF rules (described in the new rulebook).

If you decide only to collect, feel free to come here and chat regularly, anyway! :)

There's legion options... let us know your preferences if you like, and we can help -- or stay out of your hair. :wink:

By nwestpha
 -  
I'll go take a look at the rule book and see if I can figure it out. If it's anything like the changes to swccg, then the time investment for all the new rules may be an issue.

I will reach out if I figure it out, most likely I would start with virtual.

I appreciate you reaching out.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nwestpha wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:47 pm I will reach out if I figure it out, most likely I would start with virtual.
Yes, just let us know what you want or need. :thumbsup: And there'll be support for it, I'm sure. :cheersL:
I appreciate you reaching out.
Thx. :) And I appreciate your effort to get back into the game! 8)
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]