For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.
I recently came upon a collection of cards. I have no idea what they're worth, or anything about the game.

I was hoping for a ballpark appraisal. If you can help, thank you!
The list of cards is as follows:

Introductory 2-player game (blue box) - Federation (cards are sealed)

Introductory 2-player game (red box) - Klingon (cards are sealed)

Blaze of Glory booster box

Rules of Acquisition booster box

Voyager booster box

The trouble with tribbles booster box

The Motion Pictures booster box X3, all 3 sealed

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pickingupchange wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:22 pm I recently came upon a collection of cards. I have no idea what they're worth, or anything about the game.

I was hoping for a ballpark appraisal. If you can help, thank you!
The list of cards is as follows:

Voyager booster box

:shock:

Man, why can I never just stumble across stuff like this?!

TMP is your most valuable box... probably $1000+. The fact that you have 3 sealed boxes is drool-tastic and makes me wish I had more disposable income!

Blaze is probably next... $600ish?

TwT and Rules are the Cheapest, about $25-35 each.

Voyager is probably $75-100. It's gone up recently as the cards become more scarce.

As for the 2PGs, the Fed one is worth a lot more than the Klingon one if they're sealed... $150 vs. $25. With them being open, I'm not sure how much that changes things.

I hope that helps.

You came into a really solid collection. Good luck! :cheersL:

(And if you want to send me one of those TMP boxes as a thank you, I definitely wouldn't turn it down! :wink: )
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
This is... this is a pretty nice thing to stumble into. Especially after the huge jump in prices during the pandemic.

Not a huge deal. $25 each? Though I'm seeing some sell on eBay for as much as $60.

I remember when these were all $8 a box. Good times. Now Hill's has them at $25-50? And Ebay a bit higher? Man, I should have held on to a box!
Voyager box
Also used to be cheap, now Hill's sells them for $100. eBay, again, higher.

Now this is your real money makers right here. These next ones have been in high demand for decades and were ALREADY unattainably expensive when I came back to the game in 2011. Today? Sky-high.
The last box of BoG I see on eBay sold for $500. Individual packs can sell for $25. You can't get 'em from wholesalers anymore.
Mother. Lode. The most in-demand set, and you have three sealed boxes??

I can't even guess what a fair price for a box of TMP would be in the current ccg economy. It would be a lot more than I could afford. This seller thinks they're worth $2,500 apiece, but that seems too high to me.

But not, like, insanely too high? You've definitely got high hundreds / low thousands per box on your hands there.

And you have three!

Of course, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't encourage you to learn the game, open up all those cards, and just enjoy them! No need to convert them to cash when you can get so much more value out of joining our community and bringing joy to your life!

(...of course, we live in an era now where all cards are printable for free from the website, so you COULD sell all these sealed boxes for gobs of money AND STILL learn the game and print out all the cards you want and have joy with us.)
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
If you have no interest in opening the cards, don't need the money now, and have the the space (make the space), I'd recommend holding onto those Motion Pictures Boxes long term. Give yourself a 5 or 10 year window.

Outside of the Zombie Apocalypse, your boxes will never lose today's value. And they are going to shoot up like a hockey stick curve.

The surest bet is that in 5 or 10 years your Motion Pictures boxes will be a RIDICULOUS price on the open market. $5000 a box in 2030? I can see it. $10K? I wouldn't bet against it.

Congrats on receiving a great Investment.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Open it up. Open it all up. The worth of this collection is exactly one rest-of-your-lifetime-full-of-fun-and-games. Go and play with your cards, and come play with us! :D

I'm joking, of course. Partially. Just open up the cheap stuff, to experience drawing. Then, buy and/or print additional cards you need. My :twocents: !

Send Armus his one box of TMP, send me another, and keep the last one as financial investment.

But do play the game! :lol:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Can't say I'm surprised.

I said $1000+ because I figured $1000 was the floor. I agree with @BCSWowbagger that the guy asking $2500 is a little optimistic, but it's definitely a low four figure box at this point.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation