For all topic related to legitimate STCCG trades.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Just a piece of advice here regarding a fairly new feature you might not be aware of: 'Bump Topic'.
Instead of having to post those annoying 'bump' messages that don't do anything but push the topic to the top of the boards, you've got another option. You can just hit 'Bump Topic' and your post will fly to the top of the boards in no time. That way you can keep the posts for the trades, and not worry about sorting through your own bumps to find other people's trade invitations. ;-)

Rules for bumping:
- You can only bump your own post, or a post on which you were the last person to comment (incase somebody didn't see your comment)
- You can only bump a post that hasn't been replied to or bumped in the last 10 days (to stop you from bumping every day)
- It does make the post show up as a 'New Post' with the proper colouring and everything, just without increasing the post count number

Any questions? Let me know.
Last edited by Maelwys on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Just one thing you missed, its location:

The "Bump Topic" link can be found near the top left of the page. Its located on the same line as "Subscribe topic" and "Bookmark topic"
Last edited by RedDwarf on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
*bumpity bump bump*
Last edited by LORE on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:Just a piece of advice here regarding a fairly new feature you might not be aware of: 'Bump Topic'.
Instead of having to post those annoying 'bump' messages that don't do anything but push the topic to the top of the boards, you've got another option. You can just hit 'Bump Topic' and your post will fly to the top of the boards in no time. That way you can keep the posts for the trades, and not worry about sorting through your own bumps to find other people's trade invitations. ;-)

Rules for bumping:
- You can only bump your own post, or a post on which you were the last person to comment (incase somebody didn't see your comment)
- You can only bump a post that hasn't been replied to or bumped in the last 10 days (to stop you from bumping every day)
- It does make the post show up as a 'New Post' with the proper colouring and everything, just without increasing the post count number

I know that you and Charlie want to control everything, but "please give it a break." There isn't that much activity on these Boards that we need all of these rules.

If anyone wants to be just a plain ol' human being, please post on TeamJersey.net.
Last edited by Big Borg on Sat May 16, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Big Borg wrote:
Maelwys wrote:Just a piece of advice here regarding a fairly new feature you might not be aware of: 'Bump Topic'.

Rules for bumping:

I know that you and Charlie want to control everything, but "please give it a break." There isn't that much activity on these Boards that we need all of these rules.

If anyone wants to be just a plain ol' human being, please post on TeamJersey.net.
What a shameless plug for teamjersey :?
Last edited by Mogor on Sun May 17, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Big Borg wrote:I know that you and Charlie want to control everything, but "please give it a break." There isn't that much activity on these Boards that we need all of these rules.

Umm... those aren't my rules, they're the rules built into the forum software. I was just explaining them here because I was getting constant questions of "why won't it let me bump?!".
Last edited by Maelwys on Sun May 17, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:
Big Borg wrote:

Rules for bumping:

What a shameless plug for teamjersey :?
Plugging teamjersey.net was not my intention. There is not much going on there. It certainly is not as comprehensive as trekcc.org. You guys have a fantastic job. But, please stop sanitizing this board. Rules, rules, rules. Let this be a relaxing site. Fight the Bots. But, let the players let down their hair.
Last edited by Big Borg on Sun May 17, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Big Borg wrote:But, please stop sanitizing this board. Rules, rules, rules. Let this be a relaxing site. Fight the Bots. But, let the players let down their hair.
Seriously, did you actually read this announcement? It's not about sanitizing the board, it's not about imposing strict rules, it's not any of that. It's an informative post letting people know about a neat feature that's available to make things easier to them, and informing them about the way that the feature works so that they don't PM me with questions asking why it's not working the way they thought it did. That's all. No sanitizing rules or anything like that, really.
Last edited by Maelwys on Sun May 17, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]