Place to discuss Tribbles CCG
  • 95 posts

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
soggy_amphibian wrote:Thanks! Will it break the decklist?
No, the update will not change the decklist features but simply point to the correct images.

Nava

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for all your comments and help!

I'm at the moment reviewing the different commands, zones and functions available in the different Lackey plugins. So my question to all users is:

Do you miss a function or do you want something to be included/excluded from the Tribbles plugin? One suggestion so far is to include Phases reflecting the Tribble values to keep track what value the next card shall have (Thanks MidnightLich).

Anything you want to have changed? Reply or pm me.

Nava
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Right now probing to table seems through cards into random spots on the table. They don't appear where a player clicks, and there is no way to identify whose card is whose. So if two or players probe from deck (in order to see who goes first) at the same time, cards just appear with no way to tell whose is whose or even which decks they go back in. The other night I actually had someone take my card and put it into his deck.

So, suggestions...probe from deck goes to a spot a I click; some way to tell who owns a card; prevent cards from one person's deck from being mistakenly taken and put into another person' deck.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
There is a button for Draw and Probe to Table.. can we get a button for Draw 7 and Draw 6?

One less thing to type... and there are so few buttons anyway.

Also, in reviewing the Tribbles Rules, it is explicitly stated that one is not allowed to look at cards in one's discard pile (until you've decided to rescue, exchange, etc). Can we have that pile set to "Reveal to All: None" by default?

This would also save another "new" rule that we've found: if you rescue a tribble from your discard pile to the top of your deck, the card is not revealed to everyone else.

Final thought, that may just be impossible to enforce with Lackey: One is also not allowed to look at their play pile (until you decide to use a Replay, someone plays a Toxin, or you play a Bonus). Is there any way to make that possible? Right now, I think a few players have that "allow cards to stack" button unchecked. Tribbles really should be stacked exactly aligned so that previous cards in the tribble pile cannot be seen!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Disclaimer: I'm not a Lackey expert.
SirDan wrote:There is a button for Draw and Probe to Table.. can we get a button for Draw 7 and Draw 6?
There is a button for Draw 7; it's right above the text chat box. Also, the right-click menu on the table includes a "Draw X" submenu with options from 1 to 19.
SirDan wrote:Also, in reviewing the Tribbles Rules, it is explicitly stated that one is not allowed to look at cards in one's discard pile (until you've decided to rescue, exchange, etc). Can we have that pile set to "Reveal to All: None" by default?
Given that Lackey is mostly made for playing Magic, and there the discard pile is completely public, unless this can be set per plugin, I doubt this will happen.
SirDan wrote:Final thought, that may just be impossible to enforce with Lackey: One is also not allowed to look at their play pile (until you decide to use a Replay, someone plays a Toxin, or you play a Bonus). Is there any way to make that possible? Right now, I think a few players have that "allow cards to stack" button unchecked. Tribbles really should be stacked exactly aligned so that previous cards in the tribble pile cannot be seen!
Unless defaults can be set per plugin, I doubt it.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote: So, suggestions...probe from deck goes to a spot a I click; some way to tell who owns a card; prevent cards from one person's deck from being mistakenly taken and put into another person' deck.
Not readily possible; I'll have to think about solutions for this... The actual behavior of Lackey is at the moment this: When you probe the probe card is placed 2 grid units from the last probed/played card away - if this space is occupied Lackey looks for a free space to the right of this spot. Thus your probes may end up in your opponents pile! A better probe could be to reveal the top card of your Deck to all - but I have to try things.
SirDan wrote: There is a button for Draw and Probe to Table.. can we get a button for Draw 7 and Draw 6?
See message above ;) It would be a t the moment nearly impossible to implement multiple- draw functions in the command part of Lackey though. I'll add Draw6 btw and clean up the Log functions.
SirDan wrote: Also, in reviewing the Tribbles Rules, it is explicitly stated that one is not allowed to look at cards in one's discard pile (until you've decided to rescue, exchange, etc). Can we have that pile set to "Reveal to All: None" by default?
This would also save another "new" rule that we've found: if you rescue a tribble from your discard pile to the top of your deck, the card is not revealed to everyone else.
My bad; will be fixed in the next revision (before this weekend games)
SirDan wrote: Final thought, that may just be impossible to enforce with Lackey: One is also not allowed to look at their play pile (until you decide to use a Replay, someone plays a Toxin, or you play a Bonus). Is there any way to make that possible? Right now, I think a few players have that "allow cards to stack" button unchecked. Tribbles really should be stacked exactly aligned so that previous cards in the tribble pile cannot be seen!
I had to try a couple of things but here is the solution: I have changed the grid size of the table and changed how stacked cards are visualized; now the cards will snap to a grid and cover each other completely as soon as you play them in the vicinity of your play pile. A negative side effect is that probing to the table is even more problematic...

All stated changes will be part of the next version of the plugin, due this weekend!

Nava

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have just posted a new version (05-26-11) of the plugin! Changes include:
  • New phases named after Tribbles denominations (1-100,000)
  • Discard pile is now hidden by default
  • Grid size changed to enforce piles
  • Cards will now cover each other completely
Things we are still working on:
  • Move probe cards to a certain spot (the other possibility would be to right click on the Deck tab and choose "Reveal To All -> Top -> 1").
  • Enlarge the score field to let larger scores be visible.
  • A better install guide and play guide (any volunteers :)).
Please report any errors here or pm me.

Have fun, Nava

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Typo: "10 Tribbles - Avalange".
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]