Place to discuss Tribbles CCG
  • 95 posts

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello everyone,

Lackey comes now in three different flavors with extra Tribbles and no troubles!!!!

Lackey is a program to play a large variety of cards games online, using different so called plugins. And now there is of course a plugin for everybodies favorite Tribbles CCG as well.

The plugin is available through the automatic update feature in Lackey, you only need to enter the URL to the updatescript (see below), and it will automatically update the current plugin , or download the plugin from scratch, if you don't have the pluin installed since before. You can skip to download all missing images if you like after you have re-started lackey after the initial update run, then lackey will fetch each card when you attempt to show them, but if you do want to download everything, you need to select "Download all missing card images" after lackey have been restarted (either you had an ok plugin before or not).

Since Lackey adds some extra time, especially when downloading the entire plugin (and chosing to download all pictures), there is an option to download the plugin as a bundle and install it manually. The bundle includes the updatescript, so after this initial "manual" installation, it is possible to use the Auto Update feature, to check for new versions of the plugin, and if necessary, dowload the new files and/or card images.

Here are the addresses you need:

LackeyCCG:
http://www.lackeyccg.com/

Update from URL:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eberl ... telist.txt
former
http://lackeyccg-tribbles.googlecode.co ... telist.txt

Quick Install Guide
  1. Open Lackey
  2. Go to tab "Preferences"
  3. Under "AutoUpdate", enter the address to "updatelist.txt" from above, where it says "Update from URL", and click the button to start update check and download.
  4. Restart Lackey.
  5. Go to "Preference" tab again, click on the button "Download all missing card images". (optional, if you want all pictures downloaded locally).
  6. Wait until Lackey says "You are done looking for all missing card images" (which might take a few hours if you need to download everything).
  7. Done!
There are more in depth installation and play guides in the project wiki at:
http://code.google.com/p/lackeyccg-tribbles/

Please note: This plugin is still not finished, if you are missing features or cards don't hesitate to complain pm me or scox! So now I'm off to get all those spare Tribbles out of my office...

Nava

PS This Guide was shamelessly cloned from scox 1E guide using a 100 Tribbles - Clone & Skip

No Klingons were harmed while producing these virtual goods.
Last edited by Nava on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
OK, I'll be the one to ask...is all the Tribble updating today (including the new set with new powers and Lackey support) for real or part of the April Fools' deal?

Just curious....I sure hope the Tribbles are real - they look great! Actually, I'd like the other to be real too, but I know it's not, LOL!

Thanks,

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Tribbles are for real! It has been a tradition the last years now for the CC to release a new Tribbles set on April 1st, and despite the date it is the real deal. :) So go ahead and play, by printing out the virtual set, or play it in Lackey.

I just made an update of the plugin as well, so those of you who have downloaded it can run an update, there were a few minor bugs, and a card image that was misspelled, but it is fixed now.

If you find any problems, or have any feature requests, go ahead and post it hear, or add a new issue in the issue tracker.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Great to hear that it works (we didn't expect less :)) - if you have got any feedback (even negative), or suggestions for any of our plugins (1E, 2E or Tribbles) please open an issue at the plugins site or PM me here at trekcc.

Thanks,

Nava

P.S. How about a sanctioned tournament??
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I expect to organize a sanctioned event soon. The biggest barrier will getting everyone online at the same time!

Things that would be nice:
Getting the probe button back - we've been using F2 for Poisons.
Finding a better way to keep score - there isnt room in the score area!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
SirDan wrote:I expect to organize a sanctioned event soon. The biggest barrier will getting everyone online at the same time!
I'd be good for this.

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
I think you'll need to set a time and date, and those who can make it online at that point will be the ones to sign up, like in an IRL tournament.
And you may need to set a cap on the number of players based on the space of the Lackey board.

What's the easiest way to say whether you're using a Tribble power or not? Or which one you're targetting with, say, Freeze? Typing I guess, I don't think Skype's happy with mass conferences, unless you have the dough.

And the Tribbles ate all my dough. Thank goodness for canned food.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote:I expect to organize a sanctioned event soon. The biggest barrier will getting everyone online at the same time!

Things that would be nice:
Getting the probe button back - we've been using F2 for Poisons.
Finding a better way to keep score - there isnt room in the score area!
  • The probe button is back; after updating your plugin you should see the probe button as well as different avatars (finally visible for all).
  • Keeping track of scores is a different thing though; I'll have to check with the Lackey developers if it is possible to make at least the display better readable so that points>9999 wont be truncated.
Nava

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
soggy_amphibian wrote:There is a card labelled "10,000 Tribbles - Rescue", and the image is 1,000 Rescue. TaTa 51V.
Just working on it - with the next update (before the Online tournament) this will be fixed.

Nava
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation