Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By ununtrium
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi there!
I am looking for old-school Tribbles decks from the time TwT was released together with the Tribbles box set.

For now I want to build decks using only the cards decipher produced and would be very happy to get some pointers for building 4-5 decks that differ from each other.

If anyone still has deck lists from that era and wants to share them, I would appreciate that even more.

Many thanks.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Unless there has been a restricted tournament since virtual cards became available, I doubt anyone has anything like that. The original Decipher cards are extremely limited in available powers and I doubt anyone would use just those cards in a standard tournament. But hey, maybe someone has given it a try, who knows?
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Yeah, I can't imagine that there are any decklists like you're wanting. Were there even any formal Tribbles tournaments back before the CC era?

This and this show you the Tribbles that Decipher made. All you've got is 8 powers, and the range of denominations for them is often not as big as it is with the CC expansions: Go, Discard, Rescue, Bonus, Poison, Clone, Skip, and Reverse. You're going to be really hard pressed to come up with 4-5 meaningfully different decks.

Trying to come up with themes, I suppose you do something like one Bonus/Skip deck, one Go/Clone deck, one Discard/Rescue deck, and one Poison deck? Poison is really powerful, though - I'm not sure how balanced such a group decks would be. And all the decks will overlap a fair bit in cards just to fill out all the denominations.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
addeson7 wrote:Has anyone made a file or pdf of just the power cards? I want to get some throw down games going with my family, and these would be a help in explaining the different powers to them.
This is the reason I never use my Decipher era cards when playing Tribbles, well except for foils :D

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
addeson7 wrote:Has anyone made a file or pdf of just the power cards? I want to get some throw down games going with my family, and these would be a help in explaining the different powers to them.
i belive the updated tribbles rule book on this site has all the powres listed in it with descriptions ofwhat they do. they will see extra powers not in their decks but it will have all the info in it.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
The only "organized" Tribble event I can remember before 2007 was the one we held during the first Phoenix Tournament in 2002. As I recall, the winning deck was highly abusive and relied on the Rescue, Go and Poison powers. It was not uncommon to see players "hit the cycle" and play through an entire chain of Tribbles from 1 to 100K with very little difficulty. While those decks could still potentially be played today, the later expansions worked to rein them in so that Tribbles as a semi-competitive game could be a little less degenerate for more compelling tournament play.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
CaptMDKirk wrote:The only "organized" Tribble event I can remember before 2007 was the one we held during the first Phoenix Tournament in 2002. As I recall, the winning deck was highly abusive and relied on the Rescue, Go and Poison powers. It was not uncommon to see players "hit the cycle" and play through an entire chain of Tribbles from 1 to 100K with very little difficulty. While those decks could still potentially be played today, the later expansions worked to rein them in so that Tribbles as a semi-competitive game could be a little less degenerate for more compelling tournament play.
Havign played a bunhc of tribbles when it first came out just fun games and all i distinktly rember discard being a huge issue and almosyt imposible to ever go out unles syou played discard... Posion coudl beat a discard deck IF it got lucky with 100k hits enough but most ppl had few 100k back then and discard tended to win teh day, combined of course with a little go and rescue...
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0