Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
For the online crew who aren't at Gencon ...

(or even if you want to sign in from Gencon, if you want)

Tribbles ... with Troubles! in Lackey on the night they become legal. 10pm Eastern, join me!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Thanks all for playing!

I'll have a writeup soon, but I thought others might also like some further feedback on the new cards.

Some moments and lessons learned:

Mutate/Fizzbin is cool. So is Copy/Mutate. And yes, the Aside pile works well for Mutate.
Go/Fizzbin does not trigger Dabo.
Sabotage/Qapla does not trigger Ante.
Ante is, in part, Discard at a new denomination.

Some new-card info:
We saw most of the new tribble cards. I don't think Roll or Reset came up, and Rival was played but never activated. Shift came into play, but was never activated.
We cycled all the way through the trouble deck, and shuffled it to go again. No-one paid points to shift it. We paid draws two or three times. We hit the matching tribble two or three times. But most of the shifts were from missing on denominations.
Troubles whose powers actively did something (not including the "may not activate" ones, which the whole table might notice): Cloning Lab, Computer Core, Mess Hall. The others just weren't in play at the right time.
We did lack one trouble; Lackey gave us a 1 BaH image instead. Looking at the list now, I'm pretty sure we never had "Manheim's Lab".
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
commdecker wrote: Go/Fizzbin does not trigger Dabo.
Sabotage/Qapla does not trigger Ante.
I assume Go/Fizzbin doesn't work because you don't activate Fizzbin (a passive power).

Similarly, Sabotage/Qapla doesn't trigger Ante because you don't play Qapla off a Sabotage?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Also, if you are going to go out for a very small amount (no Big Money), make sure the Trouble isnt the 'everyone that didnt go out gets 100k'. I may have done that anyway but didnt even notice until it was happening.

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
prylardurden wrote:Also, if you are going to go out for a very small amount (no Big Money), make sure the Trouble isnt the 'everyone that didnt go out gets 100k'. I may have done that anyway but didnt even notice until it was happening.
You really don't play Tribbles the right way.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
commdecker wrote: We did lack one trouble; Lackey gave us a 1 BaH image instead. Looking at the list now, I'm pretty sure we never had "Manheim's Lab".
I've confirmed this, the Lackey pile includes BaH instead of Manheim's Lab. Also, you should note that the Trouble pile is not shuffled when the NewGame starts.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]