Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well that deck could stay around with Charlie's proposed rule change. Just drop a 10K Go for 10K Stampede or 10K Rescue and find one new 10 and it's good to Go-Go-Stampede.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
The Mad Vulcan wrote:Well that deck could stay around with Charlie's proposed rule change. Just drop a 10K Go for 10K Stampede or 10K Rescue and find one new 10 and it's good to Go-Go-Stampede.
Yes, I know. Just thought it was interesting that with all the Fizzbin shenanigans out there, people here still dislike a very old go deck more.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I think a lower number would be better. The higher number The more abusive it can get (this coming from a 1E guy...)

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Linkan wrote:I have thought a bit about this, and perhaps a limit on somewhere 8-10 of a specific card would be good for the game.
:thumbsup:

Whatever the final number is, I'd be hugely supportive of this. We wouldn't have needed troubles as "meta police" if this was a thing.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just keep in mind that this would mean tweaking achievements to lower some of the requirement numbers.

BDubs
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
JamesValEson wrote:Just keep in mind that this would mean tweaking achievements to lower some of the requirement numbers.

BDubs
I have only looked at them a little, but I think 8 won't change that much when it comes to achievments.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Linkan wrote:
JamesValEson wrote:Just keep in mind that this would mean tweaking achievements to lower some of the requirement numbers.

BDubs
I have only looked at them a little, but I think 8 won't change that much when it comes to achievments.
There are some that have a threshold of 12, so those would need to be looked at.

BDubs
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
JamesValEson wrote:
Linkan wrote:

BDubs
There are some that have a threshold of 12, so those would need to be looked at.

BDubs
All achievements I can find with a threshold of 10 or more are for powers with more than 1 denomination, so that wouldn't be that much of a problem.

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Everyone needs to slow down on changing the rules to add a card limit to fix fizzbin. If the card is an issue change the card not the rules (deck limits) of the game. So design screwed up and we are suppose to be ok with a change the rules to make up for it. Is that what design thinks is a good model to follow. Design should make the cards fit into the rules of the game (deck building included) instead of having to change the rules of the game to fit the cards. Otherwise you are not making new cards but a whole new game. Errata Fizzbin to include how many copies you can stock or play and move on.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
kingmj4891 wrote:Everyone needs to slow down on changing the rules to add a card limit to fix fizzbin. If the card is an issue change the card not the rules (deck limits) of the game. So design screwed up and we are suppose to be ok with a change the rules to make up for it. Is that what design thinks is a good model to follow. Design should make the cards fit into the rules of the game (deck building included) instead of having to change the rules of the game to fit the cards. Otherwise you are not making new cards but a whole new game. Errata Fizzbin to include how many copies you can stock or play and move on.
Fizzbin is not the only power that is in need of a restriction. Tally has been pretty dominant, among others, for a long time. Fizzbin only made the problem worse, it didn't introduce it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Linkan wrote:Tally has been pretty dominant, among others, for a long time.
Hey, leave Tally alone now! :wink:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Everyone needs to slow down on changing the rules to add a card limit to fix fizzbin. If the card is an issue change the card not the rules (deck limits) of the game. So design screwed up and we are suppose to be ok with a change the rules to make up for it. Is that what design thinks is a good model to follow. Design should make the cards fit into the rules of the game (deck building included) instead of having to change the rules of the game to fit the cards. Otherwise you are not making new cards but a whole new game. Errata Fizzbin to include how many copies you can stock or play and move on.

Hey, maybe since Chula: The Game is a problem in 2E we should change the rules of the game to only allow 1 copy of any dilemma in a dilemma pile. OR we could do as 'kingmj4891' suggests and simple errata a card OR even better just make a new card to counter this strategy.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
Kivas Fajo wrote:Everyone needs to slow down on changing the rules to add a card limit to fix fizzbin. If the card is an issue change the card not the rules (deck limits) of the game. So design screwed up and we are suppose to be ok with a change the rules to make up for it. Is that what design thinks is a good model to follow. Design should make the cards fit into the rules of the game (deck building included) instead of having to change the rules of the game to fit the cards. Otherwise you are not making new cards but a whole new game. Errata Fizzbin to include how many copies you can stock or play and move on.

Hey, maybe since Chula: The Game is a problem in 2E we should change the rules of the game to only allow 1 copy of any dilemma in a dilemma pile. OR we could do as 'kingmj4891' suggests and simple errata a card OR even better just make a new card to counter this strategy.
Fizzbin is not the problem. Fizzbin just made an existing problem worse.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
MidnightLich wrote:
Linkan wrote:I have thought a bit about this, and perhaps a limit on somewhere 8-10 of a specific card would be good for the game.
I think if we were going to go for a limit, this would be too high. Half as many seems more effective.

-crp
As many achievements need 8 of certain powers that have at times very few options for denominations, I feel you need to allow at least 8 of cards to not completely break tribbles achievements going forward.

By Brandylee
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Corbett Clan opposes any Tribbles limit. If you think John is bad, wait until you see an angry Connor if you take Fizzbin from him. :x

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]