Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Yesterday was the first time I have played with troubles ...... And I am converted.

I love it!

Great job!

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We played that out in Fargo a couple of weeks ago, and Trouble... In Manhiem's Lab was a Hoot.

BDubs
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
JamesValEson wrote:We played that out in Fargo a couple of weeks ago, and Trouble... In Manhiem's Lab was a Hoot.

BDubs
Last tourney I almost got decked because of Mannheim's lab. I love the Clone lab, myself.

By Broshak
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
After using them, seemed like 2 of them were desirable enough to keep them in/stop others getting the benefit. The rest seemed to do nothing but cause us to do stop checks to make sure we were changing them cause they had no effect on the game.

Need a couple with significantly more impacting effects both negative and positive to actually have people invest in keeping/removing them. I can't see anyone ever paying the draw cost to get rid of them with how weakly negative the worst ones are. I would like to see something like the anti Mannheims where the bottom card of your play pile is put on the bottom of your deck.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Broshak wrote:After using them, seemed like 2 of them were desirable enough to keep them in/stop others getting the benefit. The rest seemed to do nothing but cause us to do stop checks to make sure we were changing them cause they had no effect on the game.

Need a couple with significantly more impacting effects both negative and positive to actually have people invest in keeping/removing them. I can't see anyone ever paying the draw cost to get rid of them with how weakly negative the worst ones are. I would like to see something like the anti Mannheims where the bottom card of your play pile is put on the bottom of your deck.
I drew to shift the replay denial trouble in the tribbles final

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
I thought they actually got in the way, and became more of a distraction than a fun side thing

Just my 2cents

Honest
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Well, I've played in two tournament with them now. I think they give an interesting twist to the game. I'm pretty sure once everyone becomes familiar with them, the game will pick up the pace again. It seems like a good balance of interaction, at least from what I've seen so far. I would like to see something made to break up the Fizzbin-Mutate combo though, but that's another issue.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Indeed. When will Troubles be "cycled out" or updated?

I'm keen to see what happens with their long term effects on the meta.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Honest wrote:I thought they actually got in the way, and became more of a distraction than a fun side thing.
+1

Slowing down a fast game is unfun. :thumbsdown:

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Play with or play without, just play and have fun however you each like it. Troubles are optional. It definitely shakes things up, but it's fun either way. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Honest wrote:I thought they actually got in the way, and became more of a distraction than a fun side thing

Just my 2cents

Honest
:thumbsup:

Exactly what I was going to say. The point of tribbles is to sit down, have fun and not have to think. I don't want to keep track of what the troubles are doing, or when they shift. I feel there is a problem when there are such things as "tribbles meta" or "top tier tribbles deck".

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Second take on Troubles:

* Day 1 of Worlds it was new and fun.
* Day 5 of Worlds I was exhausted and struggling to concentrate. I made many mistakes in the tribbles final and often forgot to look at the trouble pile. If anyone gets to watch the final when its uploaded to youtube (yes - we recorded the Tribbles final) you will see what I mean.

Troubles on day 5 of worlds was just a bit too much. But I still love them - especially the fun ones.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
I love the troubles. Even though I havn't seen many paying points to change trouble, I there is a few that can be worth drawing cards for getting away.

We usually play 2 tournaments on Tribbles days, and we run one with and one without. But it seems that the consensus in the group is that the Troubles are a lot of fun and everybody wants to play at least some tournaments with them.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]