Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
100,000 Trap!

Choose a player. That player shuffles each Fizzbin in their play pile into their draw deck.

Would make Fizzbin players play Fold, which is fair. More importantly, I just want Ackbar on a Tribbles card. Does it make sense? No. Do I care? No.

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
KillerB wrote:100,000 Trap!

Choose a player. That player shuffles each Fizzbin in their play pile into their draw deck.

Would make Fizzbin players play Fold, which is fair. More importantly, I just want Ackbar on a Tribbles card. Does it make sense? No. Do I care? No.
Yep, I pretty much had the same idea in an earlier thread. I think there should also be some scoring mechanic for the person playing Trap! akin to Toxin.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Toxin for Fizzbin. That would be cool (5 points?)

BDubs

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
JamesValEson wrote:Toxin for Fizzbin. That would be cool (5 points?)

BDubs
would make fizzbin a dead card the risk v reward is not worth it if you could be 'toxined' at the start of rounds.

I think the best most balanced solution would be fizzbin getting an errata to add a limit to how many carry over between rounds, because the really big problems are when it's taken to extremes and thins the deck out to build an insanely huge pile.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
What about something that makes an opponent exchange a random card in hand for a Fizzbin in their score pile? Maybe a power like Chula with tribblefied images from Move Along Home? Could be fun, and who doesn't like fun? 8)

I'm sure Andrea could put together some killer images for this cycle of cards...

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:
JamesValEson wrote:Toxin for Fizzbin. That would be cool (5 points?)

BDubs
would make fizzbin a dead card the risk v reward is not worth it if you could be 'toxined' at the start of rounds.

I think the best most balanced solution would be fizzbin getting an errata to add a limit to how many carry over between rounds, because the really big problems are when it's taken to extremes and thins the deck out to build an insanely huge pile.
Hmm half the fizzbins in a play pile could be shuffled back in and other player scores multiple of 10k for each fizzbin shuffled in that way?

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
pschrader from Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Each other player reveals the top card of his or her draw deck for each Fizzbin tribble in his or her play pile. Choose one revealed card and score points equal to the number of tribbles on that card. Each other player shuffles each Fizzbin tribble from his or her play pile into his or her deck and places the revealed cards on the bottom of their play pile.
Here's an idea I had previously, you should go with my previous idea.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
pschrader wrote:
pschrader from Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
Each other player reveals the top card of his or her draw deck for each Fizzbin tribble in his or her play pile. Choose one revealed card and score points equal to the number of tribbles on that card. Each other player shuffles each Fizzbin tribble from his or her play pile into his or her deck and places the revealed cards on the bottom of their play pile.
Here's an idea I had previously, you should go with my previous idea.
100k every time you play it? Ouch.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I don't believe any card that would remove Fizzbin from a play pile would work, even if called out, because Fizzbin's text would prevent it.

-crp

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:I don't believe any card that would remove Fizzbin from a play pile would work, even if called out, because Fizzbin's text would prevent it.

-crp
In every other CCG in history the cards override the rules. Can we emulate that for a change?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:I don't believe any card that would remove Fizzbin from a play pile would work, even if called out, because Fizzbin's text would prevent it.

-crp
In every other CCG in history the cards override the rules. Can we emulate that for a change?
In this instance, it's not a case of the card overriding the rules, since only card text is involved; rather, it's the related principle of the specific overriding the general. Take this example:

Card X: "May not be nullified"
Card Y: "Nullifies Card X"
Card Z: "Nullifies any card"

If I have X in play, under the above principle, Z could not nullify X, because while Z is a general nullifier, X specifically may not be nullified.

By the same token, while in general X may not be nullified, Y specifically targets X, so Y can nullify X.

This is a fairly fundamental principle of game design. Does it seriously not apply to Tribbles?
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:I hate everything you just said Sykes. Don't ever make me think regarding Tribbles.
I don't care who you are, that's funny! :D Git 'er done!

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
suggestion, something along these lines for you anti-fizzbin types...

1 Tribble
Shralk
Choose a player. Each other player scores 100 points for each Fizzbin in the chosen player's play pile.

OR

10 Tribbles
Half-Fizzbin
Each player counts the number of Fizzbin Tribble cards in his or her play pile, then draws cards from his or her deck equal to that number. Any player that decks out this way must then discard half of his or her hand, round down.

OR

100 Tribbles
Kronk
To play (or activate or target) this Tribble, you must not have any Fizzbin Tribble cards in your play pile. Each player counts the number of Fizzbin Tribble cards in his or her play pile and randomly removes an equal number of non-Fizzbin Tribble cards in their play pile from the game.

OR

1,000 Tribbles
Royal Fizzbin
Each player reveals his or her play pile. Then, if at least one player has revealed one or more Fizzbin Tribble cards in his or her play pile, each player who has not revealed any Fizzbin Tribble cards (except Royal Fizzbin Tribble cards) in their play pile, may place their hand in their play pile.

and one more...

Trouble
...At the Fizzbin Table
Miss 10,000 OR Fold OR Draw 4

At the end of this round (after round points have been scored), each player shuffles each Fizzbin, Half-Fizzbin, Royal Fizzbin, Kronk, and Shralk Tribble card in their play pile into their draw deck.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I think one of the problems with a counter card against Fizzbin is that a fizzbin player usually plays battle to empty out his (and other players) deck. So any counter would probably need to be passive and not an active power to be effective as you would probably not want to fill your deck with to many of them.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !