Place to discuss Tribbles CCG
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
KillerB wrote:There's always going to be some "Royal Fizzbin Jackpots". That was kind of the point.

I'd hate to see some limit, or bad errata, that would relegate Fizzbin to a splash card. You do 'have to go out' to jackpot. Tally and Utilize are more sleezy then Fizzbin.

The solution is through design.
It is at the point, that if there is at least two fizzbin decks, you can not win with anything but a fizzbin deck. There is only two ways to go with fizzbin, errata or ban. Doing it through design don't cut it.

There has been 5 high level events since the emerge of the Fizzbin deck. Unfortunatly the Canadian nationals hasn't any deck for the winner upp. US nationals, Swedish nationals and World championships was all won by massive Fizzbin decks. That is a very bright shining and twinkling warning sign.

At present we have an agreement not to use Fizzbin until the issue is resolved. It was either that or people would stop coming. Something has to be done promptly about this card, or it may kill the game.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Linkan wrote:
KillerB wrote:There's always going to be some "Royal Fizzbin Jackpots". That was kind of the point.

I'd hate to see some limit, or bad errata, that would relegate Fizzbin to a splash card. You do 'have to go out' to jackpot. Tally and Utilize are more sleezy then Fizzbin.

The solution is through design.
It is at the point, that if there is at least two fizzbin decks, you can not win with anything but a fizzbin deck. There is only two ways to go with fizzbin, errata or ban. Doing it through design don't cut it.

There has been 5 high level events since the emerge of the Fizzbin deck. Unfortunatly the Canadian nationals hasn't any deck for the winner upp. US nationals, Swedish nationals and World championships was all won by massive Fizzbin decks. That is a very bright shining and twinkling warning sign.

At present we have an agreement not to use Fizzbin until the issue is resolved. It was either that or people would stop coming. Something has to be done promptly about this card, or it may kill the game.
The winners was the local originator of the Fizzbin deck that was copied or modified for several of those events, (he would be the Richard referenced in the title of several of them), sooo you can guess he was playing it and I will confirm it.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
Worf Son of Mogh wrote: The winners was the local originator of the Fizzbin deck that was copied or modified for several of those events, (he would be the Richard referenced in the title of several of them), sooo you can guess he was playing it and I will confirm it.
So, that means that all high level tournaments in the past months have been won by massive (50 or so) Fizzbin deck except for one, that has only 10 (and ironically is named Fizzbin). If that is not call for action, nothing will ever need an errata again in any game.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Linkan wrote:
Worf Son of Mogh wrote: The winners was the local originator of the Fizzbin deck that was copied or modified for several of those events, (he would be the Richard referenced in the title of several of them), sooo you can guess he was playing it and I will confirm it.
So, that means that all high level tournaments in the past months have been won by massive (50 or so) Fizzbin deck except for one, that has only 10 (and ironically is named Fizzbin). If that is not call for action, nothing will ever need an errata again in any game.
It reminds me of the time period in 2E when you played either a Bajoran Baraka RATS deck, or the deck that was meant to beat it.

BDubs

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JamesValEson wrote:It reminds me of the time period in 2E when you played either a Bajoran Baraka RATS deck, or the deck that was meant to beat it.

BDubs
2005 was a good year.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:
JamesValEson wrote:It reminds me of the time period in 2E when you played either a Bajoran Baraka RATS deck, or the deck that was meant to beat it.

BDubs
2005 was a good year.
It was for me. That was the year of Tillman - Ohio Regional and PSE wins (remember when PSE was bigger than Continentals?). Baraka didn't do so well against Quantum Filament, but then again, neither did any other unprepared ship.

I still attribute the sheer quantity of Astro/Nav personnel in the next two sets (Strange New Worlds and To Boldly Go) to the fact that Tillman did as well as it did.

If going planet first ever becomes Sexy again, I may just have to bring Tillman back. :shifty:

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]