Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Hey Team

This is a bit of a who cares for me, however it may get more people interested/excited to play Tribbles, which is fundamentally a good thing

So you check out the Tribbles rankings, and look at the gazillions the top ranked people have. How about if there was a way to search your average tribbles per event? Therefore, if you only get to play, for example, 6 tribbles events a year, you can still see if your average tribbles rating per game is as good, if not better, than the top ranked play 200+ tribbles games is

To stop the play once and retire thing (with 2 million tribbs) make a minimum event number before the average rating thing kicks in (maybe 5 events?)

Just a suggestion in the hope it gets more people interested in Tribbles rankings, which hopefully in turn gets people playing and building more tribbles!

Cheers

Honest

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I don't really care either (it's TRIBBLES), but I'll play along with the thought experiment.

IMO, if we're going to do this, I would suggest median Tribbles per event vs. mean (another word for average) Tribbles per event (and really, is there even such a thing as a mean Tribble? #Rimshot :P ).

Puns aside, the reason for doing this is median can be a better indicator than mean when dealing with measuring volatile populations. I could double my average with one Royal Fizzbin, but median is harder to move the needle on.

I do agree that a certain number of minimum events would be needed to implement this though, lest a random new player borrowing a Fizzbin deck becomes the permanent number one player in the world... :shock:

:twocents:
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I love how when a player talks about rating points, they always start their statements with [who cares about ratings - I dont].

There's such a stigma about talking about ratings around here. Yet, in private, players talk about ratings.

I'm considering never again using the word ratings. I might just start using "the R word".

TK

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That praticular style of rating only promotes certain types of decks (yes, I know I'm part of the problem). Decks with builtin scoring methods are going to typically increase the ATE (Average Tribbles per Event). Decks like Freeze, Dance, clone, etc. Would potentially be unplayed and lead to more of a Fizzbin Arms Race than current.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:That praticular style of rating only promotes certain types of decks (yes, I know I'm part of the problem). Decks with builtin scoring methods are going to typically increase the ATE (Average Tribbles per Event). Decks like Freeze, Dance, clone, etc. Would potentially be unplayed and lead to more of a Fizzbin Arms Race than current.
ATE? You owe me $1. I invented that. :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
prylardurden wrote:That praticular style of rating only promotes certain types of decks (yes, I know I'm part of the problem). Decks with builtin scoring methods are going to typically increase the ATE (Average Tribbles per Event). Decks like Freeze, Dance, clone, etc. Would potentially be unplayed and lead to more of a Fizzbin Arms Race than current.
ATE? You owe me $1. I invented that. :wink:
You invented ABT :P I owe nothing.

That was where I got it from tho.

By volkerii
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Lol ... even if there were an average or a median ... there's always players like me that will try to go out every round fast enough to pity tribble everyone. Yes, I believe its possible ... no I haven't managed to do it yet. But I have won tribbles events with under 20k tribbles.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
All the numbers are meaningless for the time being because of Fizzbin.

If I gave Cameron a Fizzbin deck ever time he could score enough Tribbles in one year that people spent 5 years scoring.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]