Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
The Mad Vulcan wrote: So, Fizzbin will help make a significant play pile when you go out, but likely won't get into the 2 million level. More likely just under or just over 1 million.
Which from my experience would probably still be enough to win most tribble games anyway. I'm looking at my tribbles record, I've only ever scored 1 million+ tribbles 4 times ever. One of those times was during the Fizzbin period and running Utilise / Poison.

If the Fizzbin deck is still able to fairly reliably score 1 million per game, where does that leave other tribble decks? Or is the argument that Utilise / Poison will now keep Fizzbin in check, when previously they couldn't?

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Wedge772 wrote:
The Mad Vulcan wrote: So, Fizzbin will help make a significant play pile when you go out, but likely won't get into the 2 million level. More likely just under or just over 1 million.
Which from my experience would probably still be enough to win most tribble games anyway. I'm looking at my tribbles record, I've only ever scored 1 million+ tribbles 4 times ever. One of those times was during the Fizzbin period and running Utilise / Poison.

If the Fizzbin deck is still able to fairly reliably score 1 million per game, where does that leave other tribble decks? Or is the argument that Utilise / Poison will now keep Fizzbin in check, when previously they couldn't?
BIG effect of this is you cant build a deck with nice high 100k ration fro early to mod game battle that because by round 4-5 most are in your play pile now is a VERY sleek go out fast deck as you thinned 10-20 big moneys out leaving mostly the cards that make it easy to go out, this was the double sided effect of huge fizzbin piles not only did they scored a TONE of points they set up self thinning decks, which most CCGs have learned over time becomes problematic.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ok, so new idiot question:

If a Utilize or play puts a 6th Fizzbin on the top of the pile, is it eligible to leave the play pile?

Or are the 5 that stay a flexible in game decision ie the one on top is 1 of the 5?
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
prylardurden wrote:Ok, so new idiot question:

If a Utilize or play puts a 6th Fizzbin on the top of the pile, is it eligible to leave the play pile?

Or are the 5 that stay a flexible in game decision ie the one on top is 1 of the 5?
If I had to guess, and it's only a guess, I'd say that the top card is eligible to leave the play pile if there are already five (or more) beneath it. So, someone could Kill it I'm thinking.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
T-Ricks wrote:
prylardurden wrote:Ok, so new idiot question:

If I had to guess, and it's only a guess, I'd say that the top card is eligible to leave the play pile if there are already five (or more) beneath it. So, someone could Kill it I'm thinking.
I'd have to agree with Rick on this one. Since you can only keep 5 from being removed from the play pile - once you have more than 5 - any *one* of them could be removed from the play pile. This means Kill would work for a 100,000 Fizzbin at the top of the play pile and Replay would work for a 100,000 Fizzbin somewhere in play pile (technically you have to take it out of your play pile to play it again).

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Doesn't this violate the knowledge rule, about looking through a play pile? If I play a Kill card, do I get to know whether a Fizzbin is a valid target for it? Or am I forced to target the Fizzbin, and then find out whether it actually goes away or not -- possibly losing the effect of my power?
Tribbles Art Manager
By Kamala (Andrea Heywood-Lobban)
 - Tribbles Art Manager
 -  
I would say not till after it is picked. You don't get to check your play pile before you play bonus. And you don't get to know how many discards are out there before you play a toxin. You take a chance.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Yeah, I think it's a gamble. If you Kill a Fizzbin, and they don't have six or more, it would fizzle.

-crp

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote:Yeah, I think it's a gamble. If you Kill a Fizzbin, and they don't have six or more, it would fizzle.

-crp
A good reason to keep track of how many are in the play pile...

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey,
is there a way to print the new Fizzbin Card from a HiRes *.pdf?
I can only find the "99V_Errata.jpg" of the Card, but i don't find any *.pdf-file.

Both Errata from BTiLQ was updated in v1.1 of the Set, but is there anything for TR?
Thx
Denny
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]