Place to discuss Tribbles CCG
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Does the "Limit 5" addition to the 100,000 Fizzbin text mean you can only have five of them in your deck or you can't score off more than five of them and/or only five can remain in your play pile?

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What it means is that: when you check how many Fizzbins are in your play pile at the end of a round in which you did not go out, only 5 can trigger their ability to stick around.

So:

don't go out in Round 1, have 4 Fizzbin in play pile = 4 Fizzbin in pile at start of Round 2.

don't go out in Round 2, have 6 Fizzbin in play pile = 5 Fizzbin in pile at start of Round 3.

did go out in Round 3, have 8 Fizzbin in play pile = 0 Fizzbin in pile at start of Round 4.

etc.

So, Fizzbin will help make a significant play pile when you go out, but likely won't get into the 2 million level. More likely just under or just over 1 million.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I guess the actual article didn't make it to the site yet. The errata is mentioned in the new monthly newsletter.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
T-Ricks wrote:I guess the actual article didn't make it to the site yet. The errata is mentioned in the new monthly newsletter.
I think it's not official yet (I could be wrong on this). It's the proposed, playtested, and "due out soon" errata.

Players wanted to know what CC was working on so they weren't blindsided by big and immediate changes; this is one of the things they're working on.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
but the news letter said that the errata was in effect 4/4. I think the front page announcement is likely waiting for the art and/or programming.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:Players wanted to know what CC was working on so they weren't blindsided by big and immediate changes; this is one of the things they're working on.
You mean like announcing errata in the first ever newsletter which we didn't know was coming either?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
So, is the Fizzbin errata in effect now? It's not changed on the website. I have a Tribbles regional on Saturday, so this is a very time-sensitive issue for my play group.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote:So, is the Fizzbin errata in effect now? It's not changed on the website. I have a Tribbles regional on Saturday, so this is a very time-sensitive issue for my play group.
It went into effect yesterday, per the newsletter. All events should now use the erratum for Fizzbin.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Yes, I get that, but the exact text of the erratum isn't in the newsletter, just a reference to what it will do. That's all well and good, but if people get rules-lawyerly, I'd like the text to back up any rulings.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
CaptMDKirk wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:So, is the Fizzbin errata in effect now? It's not changed on the website. I have a Tribbles regional on Saturday, so this is a very time-sensitive issue for my play group.
It went into effect yesterday, per the newsletter. All events should now use the erratum for Fizzbin.
If it's in effect, there needs to be an official announcement on the site. The newsletter is intended as a summary of information and is not necessarily supposed to be "required reading" for every player.

There's no article, no image, no official card wording.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I apologize for the confusion. The errata is in effect. An article with the official text will go up at the tick tonight. The confusion is 100% my fault. I wrote the Tribbles content for the newsletter, using a placeholder date. I utterly failed to go back and correct the text before the newsletter was finished. The idea was to announce the errata in the article and have it go into effect later, specifically to give you guys warning it was coming.

I am sorry for the screw up. I've already contacted Johnny (jjh) for an updated image and will make it available as soon as I get it from him. (It usually takes about a week.)

In any case, you will have an article tonight giving you the official text and this explanation. I regret that I made this mistake in the very first newsletter.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:If I had a nickel for every CC apology for a screwup, confusion, mistake.... I'd have a shitload of nickels.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
If you had to shit that many nickels, you'd have a very sore butt. No wonder you want to see things improve! :shock:

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]