Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, I was kicking around ideas for a better Tribbles meta, since most people I know don't like the Troubles pile (Calm down, Matt, I said 'most'), so here's what I've come up with.

New rule: When you play a tribble, if it has the same power as the tribble on the top of your play pile, you cannot activate it's power.

New power: Meddle. When you play this tribble, pick any card in any player's play pile and put it on the top of their play pile.

I think that would cause a lot of the issues we've seen with 'unfun Tribbles decks' go away.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Just curious how the Trouble pile creates a situation that your suggestion deals with. I've not seen any abuse of a Troubles pile so far. Or am I reading more into your post than is there?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:Just curious how the Trouble pile creates a situation that your suggestion deals with. I've not seen any abuse of a Troubles pile so far. Or am I reading more into your post than is there?
I think the idea is not that his rule affects the Troubles pile, but that his rule affects the same issues that the Troubles pile is usually used to monitor. So instead of a Trouble saying "you can't activate rescue" as a solution to limit Rescue decks, his rule would make it so that Rescue decks are extremely limited in their effectiveness in the first place, and thus the Trouble isn't needed.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
And clone for sure. Possibly heavy battle, poison, or utilize decks.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The aspect of tribbles that I think needs work is not that people can string powers together but that players can openly collude both in game and pre-game. That was the point of our playgroups "infinite loop" protest last year.

How much collusion is ok before it becomes a problem admiral? Its ok that a player repeatedly uses Party and Ante to play kingmaker? Its ok that two players realize that one is playing Tally and the other is heavy on poison+utilize and they basically just boost each other all the way?

1. A player may not activate a tribble power that would knowingly put another player out unless it would also put the active player out as well.

2. Tally needs a reduction of the amount of points it gives each player.

By Peers
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, part of it is, I don't like Troubles. They -can- be fun, but the entire Trouble mechanic is... not. It's easy to forget when to change, at times seems like just another layer of randomness instead of something to work with/around, and punishes those who 'splash' a power as well as those who build around a single power.

I figured, this rule would encourage a little more diversity, not just in deck types. But it could just be the local Tribbles players are different than a lot of the rest of the world, so I may be wrong. Just figured it would be a good conversation.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Why do people hate fun?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Instead of a blanket rule there could be a Tribble that does the same thing...

I really dislike broad rules like this because they limit design - for example the new Tribble power Swarm could really be hurt because you would need a different Tribble power on the top of your play pile before playing another Swarm.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Jono wrote:Instead of a blanket rule there could be a Tribble that does the same thing...

I really dislike broad rules like this because they limit design - for example the new Tribble power Swarm could really be hurt because you would need a different Tribble power on the top of your play pile before playing another Swarm.
Exactly the reason for making it. It would limit certain "abusive" or "annoying" strategies. How many times have you faced the 1-Go, 10-Go, 100-Whatever deck design? Not being able to play Go twice in a row would really put a damper on that.

That should toss a little kerosene on the fire. :wink:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Jono wrote:Instead of a blanket rule there could be a Tribble that does the same thing...

Agreed. This issue seems more like a "can be solved through design" issue rather than a procedural issue that only a rule can handle.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]