Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote:Why do people hate fun?

TK
Odd question or sarcasm? Perhaps the definition off 'fun' should be clarified. :)
Mine is likely way off from most other peoples. :wink:
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
prylardurden wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:
Bosskamiura wrote:Why do people hate fun?

TK
Odd question or sarcasm? Perhaps the definition of 'fun' should be clarified. :)
Mine is likely way off from most other peoples. :wink:
Not so. When I'm in a Tribbles game with you and Lucas is when I have the most fun in Trek! :thumbsup:

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
prylardurden wrote:Why do people hate fun?
Troubles are not fun. They take away from fun by adding something that needs to constantly be watched and concentrated on. That is what I call work, not fun.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
KillerB wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:
2. Tally needs a reduction of the amount of points it gives each player.
Counselor...I agree, but the jury has spoken on this.

viewtopic.php?f=152&t=30430
Im well aware....the point that wasn't brought up was how discard players abuse it. Toxin'ing a discard player shouldn't be a big gain for said player.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:
Im well aware....the point that wasn't brought up was how discard players abuse it. Toxin'ing a discard player shouldn't be a big gain for said player.
The only thing I hate more than that is assholes who win Continentals and Nationals with it... :shifty:

#blamejosh
I think you just need better in-game play. Instead of picking the Tally, pick a smaller denomination. Sure you don't get as many points, but if you keep hosing the Discard player they won't get enough points to win even if they go out in multiple rounds.

Not everything is a design problem. Sometimes adjusting one's play style is sufficient.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: I think you just need better in-game play. Instead of picking the Tally, pick a smaller denomination. Sure you don't get as many points, but if you keep hosing the Discard player they won't get enough points to win even if they go out in multiple rounds.

Not everything is a design problem. Sometimes adjusting one's play style is sufficient.
Human nature prevents this.

There's always one players who says, "Fuck it, I'll gamble." And why not? If I'm losing after 3 rounds, I'll spin the wheel with the Tally player (If I'm not currently the scumbag Tally player).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote: I think you just need better in-game play. Instead of picking the Tally, pick a smaller denomination. Sure you don't get as many points, but if you keep hosing the Discard player they won't get enough points to win even if they go out in multiple rounds.

Human nature prevents this.

There's always one players who says, "Fuck it, I'll gamble." And why not? If I'm losing after 3 rounds, I'll spin the wheel with the Tally player (If I'm not currently the scumbag Tally player).
That makes zero sense if you're trying to win. You can't catch up with the Tally player if you're losing.

The better example is if I'm ahead, I'll ring the register with the Tally player to pad my lead and take the other players out of contention. Of course, then they can do the same thing, playing kingmaker for the Tally player's benefit. I guess it just depends on how much you want to be an asshole about it.

I think Kevin's other point about in-game collusion is stronger. I watched that happen at a Regional in a game I was in. That was the first straw. Then I watched it happen again at Worlds 2014 at the SCRUB TABLE of all places, and that was the last straw. Sure, it's a legal play, and nobody violated the OPG, but it takes the fun out of what's supposed to be a "fun" game - much more so than the Trouble Pile ever could.

I'm starting to work on how I'm going to get to Worlds and/or Texas this year for my triennial Trek PonFarr fix, but even if I do make the trip, I'm not sure I'm even going to bother with Tribbles, especially if actual money is on the line - who the hell knows how that's going to turn out... :?
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]