Place to discuss Tribbles CCG
User avatar
 
By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Commodore
Donor
#407222
Just curious about this. It appears 2017 will be the second time in four years we don’t get a new Tribbles expansion (2014).

Might we see one early in 2018??
Last edited by Jono on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#407224
Jono wrote:Just curious about this. It appears 2017 will be the second time in four years we don’t get a new Tribbles expansion (2014).

Might we see one early in 2018??
I'm not up on the latest and greatest (last official Tribbles tournament was like 2 years ago-ish), but I have to ask: is the state of the game such that more Tribbles are needed?

We don't do a PoR: Tribbles... Maybe ask this question on the omnibus PoR thread? It's worth asking.
User avatar
 
By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Commodore
Donor
#407226
Armus wrote:
Jono wrote:Just curious about this. It appears 2017 will be the second time in four years we don’t get a new Tribbles expansion (2014).

Might we see one early in 2018??
I'm not up on the latest and greatest (last official Tribbles tournament was like 2 years ago-ish), but I have to ask: is the state of the game such that more Tribbles are needed?

We don't do a PoR: Tribbles... Maybe ask this question on the omnibus PoR thread? It's worth asking.
Yes. Tally and Discard are still very powerful cards that need some additional risk compared to other cards. The problem with Discard is Maska pretty much nullified the card draw penalty of Toxin. Just look at the World Championship deck for Tally’s power.
User avatar
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Professional
#407398
Jono wrote: Yes. Tally and Discard are still very powerful cards that need some additional risk compared to other cards. The problem with Discard is Maska pretty much nullified the card draw penalty of Toxin. Just look at the World Championship deck for Tally’s power.
Tally only works if people keep going to the "Tally Bank". Stay away from the Tally player and it fizzes. Freeze 'Discard' and that slows down that abuse too.
User avatar
 
By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Commodore
Donor
#407406
T-Ricks wrote:
Jono wrote: Yes. Tally and Discard are still very powerful cards that need some additional risk compared to other cards. The problem with Discard is Maska pretty much nullified the card draw penalty of Toxin. Just look at the World Championship deck for Tally’s power.
Tally only works if people keep going to the "Tally Bank". Stay away from the Tally player and it fizzes. Freeze 'Discard' and that slows down that abuse too.
Maybe you can convince your son to build a new deck?
User avatar
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Professional
#407436
Jono wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:
Jono wrote: Yes. Tally and Discard are still very powerful cards that need some additional risk compared to other cards. The problem with Discard is Maska pretty much nullified the card draw penalty of Toxin. Just look at the World Championship deck for Tally’s power.
Tally only works if people keep going to the "Tally Bank". Stay away from the Tally player and it fizzes. Freeze 'Discard' and that slows down that abuse too.
Maybe you can convince your son to build a new deck?
He'll learn.
User avatar
First Edition Balance Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - First Edition Balance Manager
 -  
#407708
Rumor has it new tribbles are being tested.
User avatar
 
By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Commodore
Donor
#420200
SirDan wrote:Rumor has it new tribbles are being tested.
No new Tribbles for April 1st makes for Trouble :wink:
User avatar
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Professional
Community Contributor
#420217
Speaking of Tribbles - there is a new Tribbles online tournament scheduled for April 11th.

TK

Opening ceremonies underway.

Balance Team Update?

They should know when it these things come out. […]

Definitely seems interesting. I would need time […]

I'm so bad at this game...

I'm so bad at this game that, if I ever bothered t[…]