Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
It occurs to me that whenever the Tribbles rulebook is next updated, the names used for the players should be those of former World Champions (as opposed to San Diego players). We've got enough, after all...

Greg
Neil
Ken
Johannes
Michael
Dan
Joshua
Will

And it would be a little extra prize for winning Worlds--get your name in the rulebook!

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Will the TribblesCCG-Rules.pdf be updated? It is very useful, but outdated. It is from 2015 and we now have more than 15 new tribble powers that are missing in this sheet.

Is there someone to address this?

The Rulebook also tells us to write rulesquestions to tribbles_rules@trekcc.org
It seems to be no longer available because I got the following message:

"The following address failed:
tribbles_rules@trekcc.org
SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: mx00.1and1.com (74.208.5.3) reason: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable"

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:01 am Will the TribblesCCG-Rules.pdf be updated? It is very useful, but outdated. It is from 2015 and we now have more than 15 new tribble powers that are missing in this sheet.

SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: mx00.1and1.com (74.208.5.3) reason: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable"
I know that a few years ago, Tribbles got rolled up under The Department of First Edition, so I suppose @MidnightLich would be the responsible party to take this to.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:01 am Will the TribblesCCG-Rules.pdf be updated? It is very useful, but outdated. It is from 2015 and we now have more than 15 new tribble powers that are missing in this sheet.

That’s good to know. I played Tribbles for the first time with my son yesterday and I was a click away from printing the TCC rules sheet until I stopped. Now I will hold off until it’s updated.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
@abargar7510 the rules are just fine. It’s the text of all the new Tribbles powers since 2015 that needs to be added.

I will also add that this is probably going to be an extremely low-priority project, so would probably not happen for awhile.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:34 pm @abargar7510 the rules are just fine. It’s the text of all the new Tribbles powers since 2015 that needs to be added.

I will also add that this is probably going to be an extremely low-priority project, so would probably not happen for awhile.
Hm. After a quick perusal of newer cards, it looks like the text of each power is printed on the face of the card? That’s not the case for the base set that we were using, so I found myself referencing the rules sheet a lot. If that’s not the case, I can’t imagine not having a reference that tells you what all those new powers do.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Every Tribbles card that was developed after the base set says exactly what it does right on the card, so you don’t really need that in the rulebook.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In the original box there was a card, describing all powers
Attachments:
Tribble.jpg
Tribble.jpg (1004.93 KiB) Viewed 3803 times

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The new Rulebook is well written and and explains in more detail. But the original Rules sheet from the box contains a sentence, that is missing in the current Rulebook. An important sentence I would say and since it is not in the current Rulebook new players will not know a rule from that sentence and are often confused while playing the game and always are asking: "What Tribble is the next to play?" when the “chain” is “broken”.
The current rulebook says:
"On your turn, if you do not have a card in your hand with the next number in the sequence, you must draw a card. If that card has the proper number, you may immediately play it. If it does not, the card remains in your hand and the “chain” has been “broken.”"
The original wording is:
On your turn, if you do not have a card in your hand with the next number in the sequence, you must draw a card. If that card has the proper number, you may immediately play it. If it does not, you must put it in your hand and say "pass," followed by the number of Tribbles played (e.g., "pass on 100").
So, if the last played Tribble was a 10 and you have to play a 100 and cannot just say "pass on 10" and the next player knows what to do - usually play a 100 or 1. Without that pass-on-x-sentence, in most of the modern games, every player asks "What was the last number played?" after a pass.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:28 pm Every Tribbles card that was developed after the base set says exactly what it does right on the card, so you don’t really need that in the rulebook.
Unless your kid is still learning to read :wink:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:34 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:28 pm Every Tribbles card that was developed after the base set says exactly what it does right on the card, so you don’t really need that in the rulebook.
Unless your kid is still learning to read :wink:
But that's not the Rulebook's problem, lol!
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]