Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The game got complex! To many knobs to turn. To much deckbuilding. The game was fun until it got more than 7 powers to take into consideration each time you play. Fizzbin really ruined the game for us unfortunately.
I think we could go with cycling for this game to make it less complex and change without having to release a new expansion (creating more complexity for the sake of it) every year.

It's a fun game that should be played for fun. We used to play it at our 1E tournaments but just stopped when it became to cut throat.

It was always meant to be a simple distraction. Making it a deckbuilder was just bad design. you should be able to just throw something together and play rather than having to manipulate statistics for each level and power due to current meta.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Smiley wrote:The game got complex! To many knobs to turn. To much deckbuilding. The game was fun until it got more than 7 powers to take into consideration each time you play.
I would be interested in a format that only has 7 powers at a time, perhaps one that rotates 3 of them every 6 months.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Yeah, I have just tried it with the design class but rotating the powers every hour to see how they/it felt and it looks to work in theory. The interesting thing is to find a good combination of powers to combine.
And adding a new at a time or rotation should be ok as all read up on the powers on each rotation anyways.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
How about badges for attending events like we have for 1E and 2E? I won a Tribbles Regional this year and really have nothing to show for it. If we can get achievements for Tribbles, why not badges?
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]