Place to discuss Tribbles CCG
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
If you've never played, what would entice you to try Tribbles?

If you used to play Tribbles, but haven't in awhile, what would bring you back in?

If you're playing now, what would get you excited to play more Tribbles?

-crp

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
What pretty much killed the interest in Tribbles for me was the addition of several powers that made a quick, fun game just that bit too slow/complex to be enjoyable, but mostly it was a Tribbles player rules lawyering the will to live right out of me in a casual online tribbles game. These days i simply decide not to play if people like that are in the player pool.
My one experience with a Troubles pile was also rather sad, so if i see that, i decide to find something more appealing to do, like staring into the middle distance for a while.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Kaiser wrote:What pretty much killed the interest in Tribbles for me was the addition of several powers that made a quick, fun game just that bit too slow/complex to be enjoyable, but mostly it was a Tribbles player rules lawyering the will to live right out of me in a casual online tribbles game. These days i simply decide not to play if people like that are in the player pool.
My one experience with a Troubles pile was also rather sad, so if i see that, i decide to find something more appealing to do, like staring into the middle distance for a while.
I can't totally +1 this, but I definitely can +.5-.75 it.

I play Tribbles with my kids. It's low stress and fun, and no matter who wins we all tend to get a decent number of points on the board so nobody feels too beat up.

I will continue to do this as long as they remain interested.

They hate the Trouble pile. Too much thinking and tracking required for what's supposed to be a low stress game. We've used it once and while it's still assembled and sleeved, I'd be surprised if it sees much play.

From personal experience, I've observed a strong inverse relationship between the level of the event and the level of fun had at the event. The fact that it's 2019 and I still vividly remember Tribbles Worlds 2014 as the super sour note that ended an otherwise really fun Gencon weekend says something.

Unlike 1e and 2e, I don't think Tribbles was meant to be a cutthroat power gamer type game, but that's what it's become and it doesn't feel right.

Finally, the fact that Tribbles has become a "Jackpot" game means a lot of fun decks just aren't competitive. For example, working diligently to get a 100k Bonus every round doesn't mean squat when the Battle/Fizzbin player goes out once for 1.2M in one round. Combine that with the silliness that is Masaka + 1 Go + 10 Ante and it just gets absurd.

Is this fixable? Maybe, but we may need OTF Tribbles to do it. :?

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I printed off some 'starter decks' because I wanted to try the game with my family. I know I enjoyed it, but I can't remember their thoughts. They're very casual game players and I feel Tribbles should fit right into their likes because I feel it should be a very casual game. I'll see if I can get a game with them and get their thoughts on it.

I do like all the silly powers, but I admit I haven't tried any of the ones that might be considered OP.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
No Trouble side deck. Some hard anti-battle stuff. New cards in general. Make Tribbles Fun Again.

Thanks for reading.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Jesseon wrote:I printed off some 'starter decks' because I wanted to try the game with my family. I know I enjoyed it, but I can't remember their thoughts. They're very casual game players and I feel Tribbles should fit right into their likes because I feel it should be a very casual game. I'll see if I can get a game with them and get their thoughts on it.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this thread.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I just like to play a silly game once in a while and not be too serious about it. I'm lucky in that the only times I have not enjoyed Tribbles was when someone tried to take it too seriously. It's organized chaos, nothing should win all the time. If you find a way to generate more points consistently a lot, good job. Decks I've played that were not fun for other players usually got put away and not used frequently.

I still don't get the hate for Troubles when it's an optional thing. The fact that it exists shouldn't alone ruin anyone's enjoyment. Don't like it, don't use it, done deal. Just like any gaming environment, just get everyone to agree to the rules/scenario in advance and go from there.

Excited to see some more eventually if more is to come.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I think Tribbles is fine as it is, it’s good easy fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:I think Tribbles is fine as it is, it’s good easy fun

Out of curiosity have you ever played in a high level Tribbles event?

I agree it should be good easy fun, but others have different ideas - or at least a different definition of "good easy fun"

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Retrogamer82 wrote:I think Tribbles is fine as it is, it’s good easy fun

Out of curiosity have you ever played in a high level Tribbles event?

I agree it should be good easy fun, but others have different ideas - or at least a different definition of "good easy fun"
Nothing high level just a few Lackey games

First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I stopped playing because the game became overly complicated and I was no longer getting enough enjoyment out of the experience. That was several years ago.

I would play more (potentially with my family) if the game was simpler.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Some starter decks which are one step up from the Boxed game, but nowhere near as complex as the previous few events where I've played.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
sexecutioner wrote:Some starter decks which are one step up from the Boxed game, but nowhere near as complex as the previous few events where I've played.
I'm thinking about that.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation