Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote:In the case of a theoretical OTF situation, I think the easiest way to deal with such things would be is just to limit the number of any one specific card to five. Doesn't outright ban any cards, just limits them.

It still allows you to play certain decks but makes it far more difficult to run them. Yes, it would still allow a possible "bank" deck but it does limit how effective it would be as there'd be only five Tally's.

Anyway, just thinking off the top of my head.

Michael
So.... 5 Tally, 5 Antidote, 5 Fizzbin, 5 Dabo, 5 Big Clone, 5 Mutate...

Plus the Battle Masaka Go Ante Tech.... isn't AS bad but that's still a pretty reliable jackpot deck.

I don't have a great answer.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
We've tried to jazz up the game with a rotating card pool. This make the game interesting as there is never all powers in circulation as well as when they come back it's in a new combination so you need to construct new decks all the time.

And a ban list might be needed but let's try with a restricted list first (only one copy of a card in each deck).

And making a new set each year I think could be a nice thing. Then new powers could be introduced one a year and rotation would probably be each quarter changing up the game.

As long as the complexity goes down and the cognitive load is manageable then I might be able to make people play the game again.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What I have done for a group I did tribbles with for awhile was have a card cube of tribbles, and we just shuffled and deal x of each number to every player with random powers. It kept it interesting and varied the games as we would vary the amount of each number by game. Yah d20 style dice

-  
a Tribbles cube might be fun (napkin math to follow)

600 cards could support up to 10 players comfortably (@10 x 45 cards each)

cube composition would be something like
150 1T
120 10T
100 100T
85 1kT
75 10kT
70 100kT

build 15-card packs with a low/mid/hi split of 7/4/4

avg pack comp would look like
2-5 1T
2-5 10T
1-3 100T
1-3 1kT
1-3 10kT
1-3 100kT

choose powers to taste
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I've been thinking about ways to make a Tribbles sealed event on and off for awhile. I had not considered a cube before. I like this idea!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]