Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
We decided to get together today and play Tribbles today at a large table keeping about 5 ft apart.

I built and played a deck with the new cycle and reveal.

Loved it. Fun without being broken.

Went out the first 3 rounds for pregnant. Rd1 and 2 went natural, rd 3 performed magic.

Thoughts:
- kindness is great. Being able to craft the hand efficiently is great
- generosity is a necessary evil
- laughter is the best of the group.
- reveal was subtly strong but not broke at all. Some interesting games making the odo player reveal their whole card happened several times
- honesty never got used for its power but did get placed into the pile via reveal once and a qapla once. Played it but no power twice.
100,000 puppy girls were in the pile at the end over every rd accounting for 600k of my final points having had 2 in each winning pile.

Overall it was a lot of fun to play. Maybe it was just new powered but honestly not having to draw from toxin while still getting some discards and hand crafting was fun.

I give the new set a solid A so far.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I played my version which was similar to Kev's but had some tweaks in the tech.

Went out in 3 of the 5 rounds, netting over 2M points.

Some notes:

Generosity, Laughter, and Honesty points add up quick. I used them almost every time.

Generosity feels like a "win more" card because I could give points to a lower player while expanding my lead on 2nd place. It's also a catchup card when you aren't in first place. That's a lot of versatility, and I'm worried point power creep is a thing.

The one time I didn't use Magic I used Laughter to cycle out my last card. That seems strong, especially since there's a point option if cycling or discarding won't help me in the moment. Between Ante and Laughter there's now go out discard options at 1, 10, 100, and 1k, only 2 of which carry any Toxin risk. That seems like a bad thing if we accept the premise that Discard was bad enough to make Toxin to begin with.

Battling ponies can be hazardous. One of the hands I magiced out I was only able to do so thanks to my kid battling me and getting a missing Honesty into my play pile.

Loyalty was really helpful for using Safetys in the rounds where I didn't go out.

I splashed one 1k IDIC and two 1 IDIC. That paid off in one round for 90k on a single and 120k on a double. It's not game breaking by itself but it's a nice kicker.

I ended the last round with a 1 Go > 10 Go > 100 Stampede > 1000 Magic finisher. I had an 8 card hand at the time and passed on playing my single 1k Magic in hand several times previously digging for Laughter, my one missing power. Magic's Cycle 6 power gave me the luxury of being able to dig like that and still go out once I found it.

Game 2 I played a battle deck and gave my daughter the pony deck. She did reasonably well with it, but we added the Trouble pile and I cashed over 800k in one round thanks to battle Intel gleaned from Trouble at Club Martus.

I also went out 2 other times, one for 200k on a short round thanks to a good draw, and the last round I flipped the script on the ponies when I had 3 cards in hand and my daughter played 100 Laughter. I had a 1k Discard so I was able to go out for over 300k after she took the points.

Even with only going out once she still finished over 750k, a lot of which was 50k nickels. Like I said, they add up.

If I had to go to a major event, it would be hard not to take either Battle or Ponies. They seem like the only two decks capable of scoring enough to win, and I think 7 figure wins are becoming more the rule than the exception. That's not to say it wasn't fun - Everybody had a blast - but maybe it's time to rebaseline expectations, as I'm definitely seeing score creep (power creep?).

Take these notes for what they're worth.

:twocents:

Tournament 1 Results (Standard):
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11529

Tournament 2 Results (Troubles):
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11530
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]