Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By CCiesto5
 -  
I recently got into a Facebook group and was interesting in learning and playing this game. I wanted the cards so much I bought the starter deck for Trouble with Tribbles. The only thing I'm worried about is I ordered 6 packs of them and was wondering if they are different in each box or the same cards in each box, if so I wasted money, but still excited to get them and try to play. any advice or info would be great. new player and looking to learn and play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
CCiesto5 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:32 pm I recently got into a Facebook group and was interesting in learning and playing this game. I wanted the cards so much I bought the starter deck for Trouble with Tribbles. The only thing I'm worried about is I ordered 6 packs of them and was wondering if they are different in each box or the same cards in each box, if so I wasted money, but still excited to get them and try to play. any advice or info would be great. new player and looking to learn and play.
Greetings!

So, let's clear up a couple of things.

The Trouble With Tribbles is actually an expansion set for the First Edition of Star Trek CCG (aka 1e). Decipher did produce two diferent pre-constructed starters (One Federation, one Klingon) that were designed to play against each other. If you bought more than one of each of those, then yes you're going to be getting some duplicate cards. Fortunately the TwT starters are fairly inexpensive so hopefully you didn't spend *too* much money!

Now, since you're posting in the Tribbles forum, I'm going to assume that you're interested in the Tribbles CCG. That's different than the Trouble with Tribbles expansion for Star Trek CCG 1e. About the same time that Decipher produced TwT they *also* produced a Tribbles CCG Box Game with 4 preconstructed decks, a score sheet, and rules. However, that is a COMPLETELY SEPARATE product from anything 1e related.

Confused yet? Good, because there's more... :P

There are Tribbles cards in the TwT expansion, both in the Klingon Starter and scattered throughout the booster packs. Those Tribble cards (and *only* those tribble cards) ARE cross-compatible with the Tribbles CCG. They all have a "tribble power" that does nothing in 1e (where 1 Tribble is 1 Tribble and 1,000 Tribbes are 1,000 tribbles and all tribbles of a given number do the same thing) but is very important in Tribbles.

So, if you want to literally play Tribbles out of the box, I'd recommend getting a Tribbles Box Set, as they're still around and while not as cheap as a few years ago, are still gettable. Then, buy a box of TwT (also still reasonably affordable) and pull out some more tribbles to add to your decks, including the Rare-but-fun and important 100,000 Tribbles cards (or if you're not interested in 1e, just buy single tribbles).

Of course, if you don't want to bother with all of that, you can just use the Tribbles Deckbuider, which gives you access to all of the Decipher-era Tribbles, PLUS all of the virtual Tribbles that the CC has created over the last decade+.

Hopefully you find all of this information helpful - I know it's a lot, but depending on what you want to do, there's multiple ways to go and I wanted to show you what your options were.

Good Luck! :cheersL:

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]