Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm going to start introducing this game to my family. I think what I'm going to do is start gradually updating the starter decks with cards from each set one by one so that it's not too overwhelming seeing/figuring out a bunch of new powers all at once. First though, I've enhanced the starters a little bit to add 100,000 cards as well a few other cards that I just had sitting around in my collection. Here are each of the decklists. Any help/advice as I'm working on this project would be greatly appreciated!

Enhanced Discard:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=6595

Enhanced Go:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=6597

Enhanced Poison:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=6598

Enhanced Rescue:
https://www.trekcc.org/tribbles/decklis ... eckID=6599
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I tried this a couple of years ago, but it never really caught on.

@abargar7510 would you be willing to try my decks out with your family?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:08 am I tried this a couple of years ago, but it never really caught on.

I saw those and I'm definitely going to be looking to them in figuring out what cards to add as I incorporate each set. I didn't want to start right off the bat net decking them because I want to start off with the basic powers and incorporate new and more "complex" ones gradually over time. I also saw that they removed Skip/Reverse and I think I'll be more successful (at least at first) if I keep in the Uno-like elements.

I will need help with what to do with the Go deck. I'm not sure which ones of the 3 you replaced it with synergizes the best/balances out best with it.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
abargar7510 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:42 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:08 am I tried this a couple of years ago, but it never really caught on.

I saw those and I'm definitely going to be looking to them in figuring out what cards to add as I incorporate each set. I didn't want to start right off the bat net decking them because I want to start off with the basic powers and incorporate new and more "complex" ones gradually over time. I also saw that they removed Skip/Reverse and I think I'll be more successful (at least at first) if I keep in the Uno-like elements.

I will need help with what to do with the Go deck. I'm not sure which ones of the 3 you replaced it with synergizes the best/balances out best with it.
It's funny that you mention that I took out Skip and Reverse. The feedback I got from when we playtested these was that those powers make the game less fun.

However, it is interesting to consider keeping the Uno elements more intact.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:50 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:42 am

It's funny that you mention that I took out Skip and Reverse. The feedback I got from when we playtested these was that those powers make the game less fun.

However, it is interesting to consider keeping the Uno elements more intact.
My son likes movement and action and he's familiar with Uno. My guess is if those elements get negative feedback, as he gets older we could/would phase them out especially as I put in new powers.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Update! I thought our first time playing was pretty successful. My wife liked it and my son liked it for the most part, although he only had enough attention span for one round. The Rescue deck won, but probably too small of a sample size/skill level to turn that into any takeaways about the decks. Keeping Skip/Reverse definitely did help to keep my son engaged although my wife found those frustrating. We will play four more rounds with these to finish out a “full game” before incorporating any new cards.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]