For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
After this weekend's events, and spending Father's Day evening watching an In Memorium doubleheader of 2009 Star Trek and Into Darkness (sadly due to the untimely passing of Anton Yelchin yesterday- a promising, rising artist/actor, seriously, you ought to give both Odd Thomas and Burying the Ex a full viewing, if you haven't already, both are trippy cult classics in their own right) with my wife and daughters last night (and the daughters enjoyed both, it seems), I wanted to extend Kevin a double congratulations on both his 1E and 2E wins and with very innovative decks (which elevates my respect for him a bit more) and extend kudos to Steve for his Tribbles win (even though my score at the losers table exceeded his by 300000+ :wink: ).

It was a fun weekend and therefore, I think a good time and place to retire from running events here in North Dakota for the foreseeable future. Eight years straight have been a pretty good run and I'm proud of the recruiting I've done in both that time and the time before. I've tried on more than a few occasions to pass the baton, to little or no avail, sadly. Doesn't mean I'm giving up playing, that is, as that's all I've truly been interested in, so I will still keep an eye out for events from time to time.

CC management, you seriously need to get out of your clique-ish rut and your limited view on many aspects of stewardship this game and our great community at large is both deserving of and crying out for, honestly.

Peace out.

-Matthew Hayes

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
karonofborg13 wrote:
After this weekend's events, and spending Father's Day evening watching an In Memorium doubleheader of 2009 Star Trek and Into Darkness (sadly due to the untimely passing of Anton Yelchin yesterday- a promising, rising artist/actor, seriously, you ought to give both Odd Thomas and Burying the Ex a full viewing, if you haven't already, both are trippy cult classics in their own right) with my wife and daughters last night (and the daughters enjoyed both, it seems), I wanted to extend Kevin a double congratulations on both his 1E and 2E wins and with very innovative decks (which elevates my respect for him a bit more) and extend kudos to Steve for his Tribbles win (even though my score at the losers table exceeded his by 300000+ :wink: ).

It was a fun weekend and therefore, I think a good time and place to retire from running events here in North Dakota for the foreseeable future. Eight years straight have been a pretty good run and I'm proud of the recruiting I've done in both that time and the time before. I've tried on more than a few occasions to pass the baton, to little or no avail, sadly. Doesn't mean I'm giving up playing, that is, as that's all I've truly been interested in, so I will still keep an eye out for events from time to time.

CC management, you seriously need to get out of your clique-ish rut and your limited view on many aspects of stewardship this game and our great community at large is both deserving of and crying out for, honestly.

Peace out.

-Matthew Hayes
Matt-

Congrats on a successful weekend!

If I may, can you be a bit more specific about the above-mentioned rut? I'm not trying to light a bonfire, but some context would be appreciated.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Brian,

Sorry I haven't responded to this sooner, but, I care not to explicitly share the intel that I've gathered from various sources, only not to inflame the community at large, but, to try to light a candle under the responsible parties that there are problems they do need to pay heed to. (I've heard from at least four different sources, and these are sources that are often, if not entirely, at odds with one another, so I take what I've come across on multiple occasions as substantially reliable fact, when it's coming from that many conflicting parties and some of it comes from what little I've seen behind the scenes, admittedly.)

Please, those of you who know who you are, do better for both the community and yourselves. I implore you. (and if you're not willing OR able, then seriously consider handing over the reins to other members who would like to actually expand the games and the opportunities for truly growing the community at large for years to come.

Yes, there's this thing called life. Yes, many of us have wives/significant others, families, and jobs that are agreeably more important. But, it's been too long around here for approximately the last two-three years that to some of those with the CC stewardship that this is a passing hobby, at utter best. (and by 'passing hobby' I mean the attitude, of 'oh, I'll get to it whenever. there's no rush,' none whatsoever) I understand the volunteer card. But, that does not make it an excuse to continually shove duties off to some hopeful future time that hardly if ever, or never seems to come.

Glacial, is a word I've used before, and it seems more apt than ever. related to set releases, information being issued, errata being made for the better health of the game, rules/design communication/clarifications and overall responses to the community when valid questions get asked, etc.

Hopefully, Maggie, with the big shoes she is being expected to fill, will be able to address those issues (and work towards correcting them, but, she is only one person and she shouldn't be the only one with the onus/ that responsibility falls on), if she can and is able to help steer the 'ship' back on the course needed/deserved...

but, as to the rest of those in charge, while I haven't lost my entire faith in you, I've lost way too much over these last few years, that it's truly disheartening. I can't say the fight (to care, to desire to continue to be pro-CC i.e. rose-colored glasses and all) has completely left me, but, the spark has been dwindling for some time.

-Matthew
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]