For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Now happening. When: June 17th (2E Standard Draft & Tribbles constructed)
June 18th (1E Open Draft) all at my residence in West Fargo.

Further details pending.

To tease: think, a combination of MN Rainbow Draft melded with Cube Drafting format, for both of the non-Tribbles games.

Have I piqued your interest?

Stay tuned for more info!!!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Sorry for the delay, here's the relevant info...

I'm going to be running a Cube Draft style/Rainbow Draft type event for each of 2E and 1E, pulling the cards from my Master Reference Collection binders, so with no entry fee, I will be keeping the cards, naturally.

No Regional promos, but, I will try to have some sort of prize pool.

Here's the set-up and rules for each edition...

1E:

Draft 'packs of 15 cards each' will be pre-assembled before the event in the following structure (and doled out in this order for drafting);

a Facilities pack (comprising the facilities from 1E Premiere through Broken Bow)
a Missions pack (comprising missions from 1E Premiere through Broken Bow) [each player will get two mission packs]
one pack associated with each set from release (with the smaller sets being combined where appropriate) and drafted in release order.

Any non- [Bor] cards may report to any non- [Bor] facility, but, if not matching the facility, the player will need to discard the top card of their deck OR discard two cards from hand to play/report an off color non- [Bor] card at said facility.

Format will be Open, but, with this addendum, mission stealing is only allowed in one of the following ways:
1.) using an appropriate Espionage card;
2.) any mission printed 40 points and above (not ❖ missions, however)
3.) [BO] point box objectives may target where appropriate [i.e. Assimilate Planet may target any player's 35 point and above planet missions, Establish Gateway may target the Borg player's space missions with a point box, not ❖ Space nor ❖ Nebula, etc., and any opponent's space mission printed 40 points and above.] When the Borg player targets their own mission with these where appropriate, the AP is worth 40 points and the EG is worth 40 points.

For a player who wants to lean towards [Bor] and who would normally expect to only have 1 FC pack and 1 Borg pack, once the first round of post-facility, post-mission packs have been passed out AND before drafting of the majority begins, may freely exchange up to 10 of your other packs for a combination of FC, Borg, EFC, {Resistance is Futile} packs. And while you're only going to be able to play [Bor] affiliated cards to your [Bor] facilities and ships, etc. the rule will be in effect (taken from Magic of their Populate keyword) that when you play a ❖ Drone, you will immediately create a token copy of that drone. For example, play an Assault Drone and instantaneously create a copy. Play an Interlink Drone and instantaneously copy it.

If you have any further questions, let me know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2E:

Draft 'packs' of 15 cards each will be pre-assembled before the event in the following structure (and doled out in this order for drafting);

a Headquarters mission pack (comprising all headquarters missions from 2E Premiere through A Time to Stand)
a Missions pack (comprising missions from 2E Premiere through 50) [each player will get two missions packs]
one pack associated with each set from release (and drafted in release order, from 2E Premiere through Zero Hour).

You may play any drafted personnel and ships at your headquarters mission, but, if not already 'native,' that is allowed at the particular headquarters you're using via its printed text, at +1 cost. (For non-'native' cards that have a printed cost of 7, you'll need to discard the top two cards of your deck to play them. For example, you're using Cardassia Prime, Hardscrabble World, to play a non- [Car] or non- [NA] personnel/ship, you pay +1 OR if said card has a printed cost of 7, then you must discard the top two cards of your deck, to do so.)

For each edition, you will still need to staff your ships with at least one personnel of the same affiliation in order to operate/fly/pilot them.

Any further questions, please ask.

Tribbles will be Standard Constructed, no Troubles.

The events are free, no entry. Although I won't turn down any money offered towards the food, snacks, and drinks. Or if you want to bring something a la Potluck, feel free to do so.
We will be grilling on Saturday, after the 2E and before Tribbles, most likely Burgers, Hot Dogs, Brats, and possibly steak.

Hope to see you in Fargo on June 17th/18th for the shindig.

-Matthew
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Fri May 12, 2017 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Tournament listings should prolly be added to this thread.

Also, these need to be flagged as Regionals by OP.

Looking forward to it! :cheersL:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:Tournament listings should prolly be added to this thread.

Also, these need to be flagged as Regionals by OP.

Looking forward to it! :cheersL:
They are so flagged as of now.

Michael

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Three weeks from today, these events will be happening. I know Kris, Ben, and I are the only pre-registered, and that Mike Rudolph, Chris Volk, and Ian Parmenter are planning on attending. So, we have 6 players each for 2E and Tribbles, with likely Kris, Ben, Ian and I for 1E, putting us at 4 players.

John Western and Thomas Ohnstad are possibles both days (I'll know more as the event approaches).

Anyone else?

What about Justin Kaufman, Jeremy Benedict, Nat Kirton, James Heaney, Robert Peterson, Jason Tang, Kevin O'Neil, Steve Nelson, Barry Windschitl, Dan Van Kampen, Kevin Jaeger, Mark Muston, Zlatan Terzic, Keith Rupp, Preston Holida?

Each of you (and others) are welcome, let me know.

Remember, the events are free and do offer BYEs into Continentals in MN in July.

???
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I'm not sure I can do a 2-day event with all my personal life stuff going on and the two house tango I have been running, but I still intend to be there for 2E and maybe Tribbles. I can also bring up the prize bag I have to contribute there, as I have a number of foils, books, etc. that I'd be happy to unload. :cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
These begin in 6 days.

Known participants:

2E
-----
Kris Sonsteby
Ben Johnson
Mike Rudolph
Chris Volk
Ian Parmenter
Matthew Hayes

Tribbles
---------
same as above

1E
----
Ben Johnson
Matthew Hayes
John Western
Thomas Ohnstad

with Ian Parmenter as a maybe
and one or two others, perhaps.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Come on up to Fargo for the draft Regionals! Nothing says level playing field quite like a sealed deck event! You gotta be there! :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation