For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
After Texas Chainsaw Masters MANASSTERS, my first thought when I got home was: I can do that, only not as well!

Come to tucked-away Southern Maryland for a weekend of Star Trek CCG, probably in my house, unless we can find a better venue!

Key Event details and schedule have been worked out, (though there may or may not be side events as well) but here's what we know:

The dates are April 7-8!
The Main Event (2E Regionals) will be an encore Hall Of Fame Format event!
1E and Tribbles Regionals also!
No tiny angry dog will bark at you (though a couple of cute kids might play Tribbles with you)!

Travel Information

There are plenty of hotels to choose from. I think the closest ones are the Red Roof Inn, the Country Inn and Suites, and the Holiday Inn Express. Like Texas and Manassters, you are also welcome to stay in the "barracks" (though mattresses are limited, there is plenty of floor space).

There are three airports to choose from. The closer ones are Reagan National Airport (DCA) and Baltimore/Washington International (BWI), but depending on where you're coming from, Dulles International Airport (IAD), might be cheaper. I've been told some of the NoVa players might be convinced to pick you up.

The good news is that there's plenty of public parking (on-street, but free).

I know three weeks isn't a ton of notice, but the red carpet will be rolled out for anyone who can make it.

Pre-registration is appreciated, and available at the following links:

2e (4/7/2018, 12PM):
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10390

Tribbles (4/7/2018, 6PM): https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10396

1e (4/8/2018, 10AM): https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10392

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Biggest thing to hit Southern Maryland since the last Oyster Shucking National Championship (yes, that's a thing)!!

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:After Texas Chainsaw Masters MANASSTERS, my first thought when I got home was: I can do that, only not as well!

Come to tucked-away Southern Maryland for a weekend of Star Trek CCG, probably in my house, unless we can find a better venue!

Key Event details and schedule have been worked out, (though there may or may not be side events as well) but here's what we know:

The dates are April 7-8!
No tiny angry dog will bark at you (though a couple of cute kids might play Tribbles with you)!

Travel Information

There are plenty of hotels to choose from. I think the closest ones are the Red Roof Inn, the Country Inn and Suites, and the Holiday Inn Express. Like Texas and Manassters, you are also welcome to stay in the "barracks" (though mattresses are limited, there is plenty of floor space).

There are three airports to choose from. The closer ones are Reagan National Airport (DCA) and Baltimore/Washington International (BWI), but depending on where you're coming from, Dulles International Airport (IAD), might be cheaper. I've been told some of the NoVa players might be convinced to pick you up.

I know three weeks isn't a ton of notice, but the red carpet will be rolled out for anyone who can make it.

2e (4/7/2018, 12PM):

Tribbles (4/7/2018, 6PM): https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10396

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Biggest thing to hit Southern Maryland since the last Oyster Shucking National Championship (yes, that's a thing)!!
I will try & make it for the Sunday tournament, will know better after I woo my wife with something lol.

A lot of people on Facebook who aren't on the boards might be interested in this tournament. Can I go and share it up over there?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
DarkSabre wrote:
Armus wrote:After Texas Chainsaw Masters MANASSTERS, my first thought when I got home was: I can do that, only not as well!

The dates are April 7-8!

Travel Information

2e (4/7/2018, 12PM):

I will try & make it for the Sunday tournament, will know better after I woo my wife with something lol.

A lot of people on Facebook who aren't on the boards might be interested in this tournament. Can I go and share it up over there?
Of Course! I don't have Facebook, so anything that helps get the word out is appreciated.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I got a call out of the blue from an old school player today telling me that he and his buddy were going to drive down from Buffalo, NY (!) to play 1e on the 8th.

Clearly the word has gotten out. Let's get a few more travelers coming in and really make a weekend of it!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
For anyone playing in the First Edition Regional on Sunday, April 8th, please note that a new card has been added to the OTF Ban List: Seek Hidden Reliquary will NOT be legal for this tournament.

Announcement here. I wanted to make sure this was cross-posted here so that everyone was aware. If you're like me you're probably in deckbuilding mode right now, so this is likely important information.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:For anyone playing in the First Edition Regional on Sunday, April 8th, please note that a new card has been added to the OTF Ban List: Seek Hidden Reliquary will NOT be legal for this tournament.

Announcement here. I wanted to make sure this was cross-posted here so that everyone was aware. If you're like me you're probably in deckbuilding mode right now, so this is likely important information.
Thanks!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Still a few days left to get signed up. In case there are any fence sitters, I've added the following incentives:

I'm ordering pizza for dinner Saturday night, so if you show up you get a free meal!

Snacks and beverages will be provided throughout the weekend. Grocery run is happening Friday, so if you're preregistered and you PM me with any requests, I'll do my best to accommodate.

And what's a Regional weekend without PRIZES?

You want prizes? I got prizes. Come get your share of the loot!

Don't miss your chance to play some great games, hang out with cool people, and enjoy free food! What's not to like about that deal? :D
Attachments:
61308.jpeg
61308.jpeg (676.45 KiB) Viewed 2119 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're just over an hour from kickoff of the Southern Maryland Regional Weekend Spectacular!

Stay tuned to this thread for updates throughout the weekend, including round by round coverage and TrekCenter highlights!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
After two rounds I'm 2-0, having gotten mod wins over both Ben and Phil. Both of them have beaten Allen, so if Allen beats me then the winner of the of the Phil/Ben match will win the tournament.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Hah! I almost called that exact result earlier today, except mentally putting Allen in your place. The only thing stopping me was I couldn’t remember how his name was spelled. [emoji28]

Congratulations on starting a win streak!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0