Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Random question - Salem, Oregon isn't the easiest place to get to. Would anyone be interested in visiting if I ran a Regional here? Or is it better for us to just travel up to Portland or Seattle?

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Aren't there three of you there already? Last I checked that was enough for a tournament...
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Random question - Salem, Oregon isn't the easiest place to get to. Would anyone be interested in visiting if I ran a Regional here? Or is it better for us to just travel up to Portland or Seattle?
Why not both?

I say this not just to you, but to anyone on the fence about running a regional: run it! Regardless as to who travels to your event, or if it is just your local team, I want it to happen, and I want to interview the winner and talk about his or her deck. Regionals are when we all get to be in the spotlight. Some events may indeed be glorified locals, and to that I say: let the glory flow. In eight years of MA Regionals (and one Nationals), we've had a grand total of one traveler join us, and I don't regret running a single one of those events.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
edgeofhearing wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Random question - Salem, Oregon isn't the easiest place to get to. Would anyone be interested in visiting if I ran a Regional here? Or is it better for us to just travel up to Portland or Seattle?
Why not both?

I say this not just to you, but to anyone on the fence about running a regional: run it! Regardless as to who travels to your event, or if it is just your local team, I want it to happen, and I want to interview the winner and talk about his or her deck. Regionals are when we all get to be in the spotlight. Some events may indeed be glorified locals, and to that I say: let the glory flow. In eight years of MA Regionals (and one Nationals), we've had a grand total of one traveler join us, and I don't regret running a single one of those events.
Are you going to follow that advice and try and do a 1E tournament regional too? [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[quote="MidnightLich"]Random question - Salem, Oregon isn't the easiest place to get to. Would anyone be interested in visiting if I ran a Regional here? Or is it better for us to just travel up to Portland or Seattle?

-crp[/quote
Definately just go for it. Direct message anyone who is nearby that hasn’t played in ages. That’s what I am doing here in VA

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023

-crp
I sent you a message a couple weeks ago about an Oregon player looking for a group.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:Are you going to follow that advice and try and do a 1E tournament regional too?
I probably will, but (as always) my personal priority is to make the MA 2E Regional the best it can be.
Of course!

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
Random question - Salem, Oregon isn't the easiest place to get to.

-crp
I have a magical truck that pays me to go anywhere in the Lower 48...

Let's have the SuperBowl of Love in Oregon!

(Andrea wakes up screaming when I post this...)
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I know that Amber might be able to make it down with me (won't know yet, would depend on some things) but if she can't, I probably could.

Michael
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Run it and see what happens. Organized Play approves! :thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]