By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So if this deck had a major flaw, which I was afraid of, it was Council of Warriors. The deck is meant to quickly do a Bat’leth tournament and rack up 50 easy points by killing personnel in personnel battle.

In all three games, this never came to fruition. With an easy mission like Bat’leth tournament I was almost hoping for dilemmas designed to kill since even if you wipe my people out, all I need is someone with Honor and I’m back in business. But trying to even rush an easy mission on turn 2 or 3 of the game proved to be too problematic with the lack of skill density in play. I only managed to complete CoW once and when I did, it was too late to have any effect. I thought with Empok Nor right there if I needed to Ops download to dial a skill if something stopped me I’d be okay. Nope. Not so much. The killer on this card is the “end of your next turn” and the “unexamined”. If I could planet scan and at least prep for the first dilemma this could be easier, but no such luck. In retrospect I should have waited longer to try to do CoW after building up more personnel so I could use multiple away teams, but I was afraid of opponents running away with the game before I had a chance to get to them to battle.

Besides that, the deck is meant to use Empok to get a bunch of weapons so you can mortally wound people and get them in your point box. The dilemma combos are meant to bring people you me so I can slaughter them. This is done with cards like cytherians, Untrustworthy Associate, Conundrum, Alien Parasites… they are part of the overall strategy of getting points from kills, and honestly I really don’t care if the opponent completes missions.

Game 1: Aaron was playing Starfleet MACOs which I knew was coming at some point (since I don’t think I’ve read a tournament report in the last year that didn’t include them). I was kind of stunned how easily I got Empok Nor. In all three games I took it on my first turn. No dilemmas, no attempts by my opponent to steal it. While he was building up I threw everyone but William T. Riker at the Bat’leth tournament where Empok Nor was seeded. I kept holding him back all day expecting Jol Yichu. I never encountered one.

I hit spacial rift and… Klingons are dumb. Lost two people and didn’t have the 2 engineer and astro. That was the last dilemma there (after an altonian brain teaser and something else), so I just left it. I had 0 engineer out so even an ops download wasn’t going to help me. I went over to the other Bat’leth tournament a turn or two later and tried CoW at that one. I hit Faux Pas and had to run back and get Gowron for another VIP. Passed it next turn, and then hit Rock People. Think I Ops downloaded a geology on my next turn and plowed through Rock People. Finished that Bat’leth tournament. Went back to the first one and got past the spacial Rift now. Scored 50 points.

He kept digging for a card he was not getting……. And reporting Starfleet personnel like there was no tomorrow LOL Eventually he attempted and hit Armus: Energy Field and somehow didn’t have a Navigation. I can’t remember much more of what he did other than hitting a Cytherians and STPing his ship back to hand, but he eventually got to 100 on the last turn and won 100-50.
Game 2 vs Dave. This was a DQ deck, one of the things I most feared. My only way to DQ was one wormhole in my deck and discarding STP. Also cards like Conundrum are worthless in DQ if I can’t get a ship there.

I attempted my first Bat’leth tournament and OOPS, forgot to download CoW on it with taking Charge. This actually turned out to be a lucky mistake since there was a Dead End there. The dead end was last behind some other stuff I got past. One of them was a Higher the Fewer that lost me 10 points.

Went to the other Bat’leth, downloaded CoW, off we go……….. Edo probe, whatever, go……. Forsaken. I lost two treachery. Rules of Obedience. He killed sheriff worf I believe. Somehow…. I had geology and only 1 honor…………. It is one of those moments where you flip through your personnel 10 times because you are going HOW CAN I HAVE 7 KLINGONS HERE AND ONLY 1 HONOR???????? Had to go back to Empok Nor for more personnel. By the time I got back there, next turn, I got passed Rules and completed the mission and CoW. I not had 5 points having lost 10 to HtF and Edo Probe.

Meanwhile Dave had completed a Delta mission and wormholed over to his mission at the end of the alpha spaceline, which was the opposite end of the mission I had just completed so it would take me two or three turns to get there. Time was called and he finished the mission passing my weakest combo (antedian assassins, nullified by Kes + linguistic legerdemain.). Needless to say I didn’t anticipate him ever trying that mission since it was buried at the end of the spaceline behind all my Klingons. That gave him 100 points and a 100-5 win.

Last game was John. Or as I have named it “the game I learned to hate Stone Knives and bearskins”. I really thought I was going to pull this one off. Commandeered empok, got my weapons, beamed down to bat’leth tournament. He downloaded 4 drones with undetected beam in. I could already taste the sweet blood of those drones on my lips. The last card was FLI/Scow. Kurak ran off with her lover and Mission Debriefing stopped me with scow. I think I had renewed spirit in my hand which could have unstopped them, but I didn’t play it for some reason. I think I needed one more engineer which I would just wait until my next turn for. So I cloaked my ship, which had one guy aboard, in case he tried any battle with his Cube. Next turn it was going to be engineer, tow the scow, complete the mission, play renewed spirit to unstop my people from mission debriefing, then turn his Borg into a Weal will Perish-esque pile of corpses.

I didn’t see any way for him to stop me……………

Remember what name I gave this game?

He played Stone knives and bearskins on the planet, and I lost all my weapons expect the bat’leth. He had a bunch of Strength +1 drones and lower decks and then went assimilate species on my people on the planet. I lost 4 of the 5 people I had there, and now I was in trouble. I got everyone left back to empok now and he blew up my docked ship. Then another assimilate species and he beamed onto empok nor and assimilated two more people. I played a ship next turn and made a run for my nearby outpost to pick up a bunch of people I had piled up there. I left them on the ship cloaked, faring another beam to my facility with assimilate species. This time he forced my ship to decloak and blew it up with eliminate starship.

His was really a great deck loaded with cards to counter everything his opponents might do and yet still had enough offensive cards to keep pumping out drones.

He assimilated Qo’noS (his mission) for 40 points while I pretty much kept looking at my hidden agenda hoping there was a card there that said “blow up one borg cube” LOL. I thought I was done for but noted that assimilate homeworld says you can’t report that affiliation to an OUTPOST, but I still had empok nor!!!!!!!! I played a few people who took a nice stroll on the promedade, enjoyed a jumja stick and bought some clothes at the tailor shop, but really couldn’t do much else. I couldn’t even play my Arbiter because I only had ONE leader out LOL He established a gateway for 25 as time ran out and including all my people he assimilated had 98 points, 2 shy of a full win. 98-0 final score.

Had a lot of fun! Was great to play again after many years. Look forward to the next event.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote:
Takket wrote:

His was really a great deck loaded with cards to counter everything his opponents might do and yet still had enough offensive cards to keep pumping out drones.
Thank you. (Since it was it was my deck from NACC last year)

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10935
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]