For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:I'm surprised you and Ross didn't do a green badge vs. green badge throwdown at the Board Meeting today. That would have been must see TV!
Armus wrote:Updated Clinching Scenarios, this time with math!
So Kris is rooting for Carter and Ross

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Captain Parrish wrote:Sent You a PM Armus on the Correction I got the FW over fatifulreader 100-20
This is the result I recorded last night so we're good. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Despite recording the correct result I bolded the wrong name in the pairings post. Apologies for any confusion! :oops:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote:Updated Clinching Scenarios, this time with math!

MVB: Carter Non-Full win

Carter: Full Win AND Bruce FW

Kris: Carter FW AND Bruce MW or worse

So nobody is in control of their own destiny at this point!!!

If Carter doesnt FW, MVB Wins straight up on the H2H over Kris.

If Carter and Bruce both FW, that will put both Carter and MVB at 45 SoS to Kris's 44, giving Carter the win over MVB on the H2H.

If Carter FW and Bruce MW, We have a 3-way tie at 44 SoS, and Kris would win with his insurmountable differential advantage

If Carter FW and Ross beats Bruce (or they True Tie), That drops both Carter and MVB below the 44 SoS that Kris would have, giving Kris the straight up SoS win.

So Kris is rooting for Carter and Ross, Carter is rooting for himself and Bruce, and MVB is rooting for Austin and Bruce, but not too much! :P

Total Chaos! Total Mayhem!! Can we have a crazier finish?! Would we want it any other way??

I love it!!!
Based on Maggie's Mod Win, I am undoubtedly finishing either 2nd or 3rd, depending on the Head-to-Head with the non-event winner due to lower SoS. That said, I will still pick up that Continental Bye, which was all I was gunning for in the first place. :wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
That's a wrap folks! Congrats to Jon Carter for getting the win based on superior SoS AND a H2H win over MVB.

In other crazy results news, Austin edges out Maggie for 5th place based on CVP!

Thank you all for participating. As soon as I get the Regional kit in, I'll be reaching out to each of you for shipping info so I can get your prizes out.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote:That's a wrap folks! Congrats to Jon Carter for getting the win based on superior SoS AND a H2H win over MVB.

In other crazy results news, Austin edges out Maggie for 5th place based on CVP!

Thank you all for participating. As soon as I get the Regional kit in, I'll be reaching out to each of you for shipping info so I can get your prizes out.
Thanks for hosting, Brian! :cheersL:

As the gig is in the nebulous "awaiting processing" black hole, can you please post a quick run down of the final rankings? Pretty sure I must be 3rd. Curious whom is in 4th on down. Great games, everyone! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Tie-breakers
Player Name VPs SoS Differential CVP
1 Jon Carter 13 FW
2 Michael Van Breemen 13 FL
3 Kris Sonsteby 13 35
4 Bruce Parrish 10
5 Austin Chandler 9 33 -90 26
6 Maggie Geppert 9 33 -90 18
7 Greg Dillon 7
8 Ross Fertel 4
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote:Tie-breakers
Player Name VPs SoS Differential CVP
1 Jon Carter 13 FW
2 Michael Van Breemen 13 FL
3 Kris Sonsteby 13 35
4 Bruce Parrish 10
5 Austin Chandler 9 33 -90 26
6 Maggie Geppert 9 33 -90 18
7 Greg Dillon 7
8 Ross Fertel 4
Right on! I hope you all enjoyed the online Regional and will consider playing again in a couple months in the online Masters!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:In other crazy results news, Austin edges out Maggie for 5th place based on CVP!
CVP? Srsly?

[emoji2959]

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
And thanks to Brian for running this tournament. I really enjoyed it.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Good News! Prize Kits arrived yesterday!!

Everyone who played will receive a Regional Foil AND a Regional Button.

However, in order to get everyone some sort of regional prize support, if you played in both the 1E and 2E Regionals, you'll only be getting one Regional button. That makes the numbers work.

Also, for those of you playing in the A Less Perfect Union release event, I hope you'll understand me waiting until I get that prize kit and sending everything at once to save on postage.

I'll be PMing each of you for your mailing addresses and will be getting most of the stuff out in the next week or so.

Thanks again for participating in the online Regional(s), I hope you all had fun! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Just wanted to post a follow-up here. At this point I have sent PMs to all of the participants, and everyone who has responded has prizes set aside for them. For everyone not participating in the A Less Perfect Union Release event, If I have your address and prize selection by this Friday, I'll mail your prizes this weekend. For anyone who hasn't responded yet, please do so. I'll try to reach out a few more times directly, but if I don't hear back at some point I'll conclude that you don't want your prizes and add them to my local prize pool (for when I start running local tournaments again).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]