For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Alright, now that it's after midnight, this is happening in one week. While, at the moment, I'm still the only player preregistered so far, here's the likely turnout, as I understand it:

1. Ben Johnson (mindmage)
2. Ian Parmenter (Peers)
3. John Western (james_borg_007of9)
4. Thomas Ohnstad (TMax1985)
5. James Heaney (BCSWowBagger)[hopefully trekking to West Fargo]
6. Jason Tang (Pants o.t. Tal Shiar)[hopefully trekking to West Fargo with James]
7. Austen Norman [one of my MtG Commander playgroup players, who will be getting a crash course in First Edition from me this week and has expressed interest in learning the game]
and, of course,
8. myself, Matthew Hayes (karonofborg13).

Making the number a nice round 8, presumably.

So, anyone else?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
karonofborg13 wrote:Alright, now that it's after midnight, this is happening in one week. While, at the moment, I'm still the only player preregistered so far, here's the likely turnout, as I understand it:

1. Ben Johnson (mindmage)
2. Ian Parmenter (Peers)
3. John Western (james_borg_007of9)
4. Thomas Ohnstad (TMax1985)
5. James Heaney (BCSWowBagger)[hopefully trekking to West Fargo]
6. Jason Tang (Pants o.t. Tal Shiar)[hopefully trekking to West Fargo with James]
7. Austen Norman [one of my MtG Commander playgroup players, who will be getting a crash course in First Edition from me this week and has expressed interest in learning the game]
and, of course,
8. myself, Matthew Hayes (karonofborg13).

Making the number a nice round 8, presumably.

So, anyone else?
Im out dude, unfortunately. Lillian and I are closing on a new house in 3 weeks and Continentals was my 1 weekend off.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I should know for sure by the end of tonight.

I've not heard from Jason, but presumably he's waiting on me to confirm that I can actually drive him before making any decisions. (His work schedule is still liable to ruin his plans, sadly. Fingers crossed!)

EDIT: For anyone here from the contest thread: I hereby divulge I am not bringing any massive interference tech, nor will I be abusing [DL] timing for fun and profit. My deck is very amusing to me, but I wouldn't describe it as evil (your mileage may vary; it does have a couple of delicious twists that I'm hoping work well).

But I want to see West Fargo 1E revived, not so scarred nobody ever plays there again! So no Borg armadas, no Interrupt lockdown, no win-in-four-turns nonsense.

So probably don't bet on me.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
With the caveat, 'I will wait to comment until I see it in action,' James, I, on behalf of my players, thank you for not bringing NPE jank, other jank is absurdly welcome, however. :wink: Glad to hear you'll be making it up here and I do have my fingers crossed for Jason being able to trek up here with you.

I was reading last night some part of a thread you were involved in recently and it got me to looking at my tournament record. Needless to say, I came across one of our more recent occasional 1E players back when we were active, Ben Daeuber, aka phaserihardlyknowher, and as he's a weekly customer of Paradox, I resolved to put out the invite to him next chance I saw him, which oddly enough, turned out to be today. He's going to see about getting a deck together and may very well join us on Sunday.

I love it when a (last minute) plan comes together - to paraphrase the inimitable Hannibal Smith.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]