For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
pfti wrote:Kris gets the FW 100-82.
An excellent match, my friend. Only real difference that game was our respective opening draws. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With only one game (Niall/Greg) outstanding, I'm going to go ahead and announce the round 4 pairings since most of them (including all of the top 6) are locked in regardless.

Here's your final round pairings:

Kris Sonsteby (LORE) vs. Christian (Luthysloan)

Pope (Princedetenebres) vs. Matthew McCalpin (Professor Scott)

Jon Carter (pfti) vs. Stephen P (Spectre9)

Brian S (JeBuS) vs. Charlie Plaine (Midnightlich)

Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe) vs. Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)

Mr. Hoffman (Ensign Q) vs. Greg Dillon (Latok)

Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs. Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner)

Please try to have your round 4 games in by next Friday (5/1/2020).

Good Luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote:With only one game (Niall/Greg) outstanding, I'm going to go ahead and announce the round 4 pairings since most of them (including all of the top 6) are locked in regardless.

Kris and Christian dueled to a true tie 60-60. Epic game, my friend! Thank you. :cheersL:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:
Armus wrote:With only one game (Niall/Greg) outstanding, I'm going to go ahead and announce the round 4 pairings since most of them (including all of the top 6) are locked in regardless.

Kris and Christian dueled to a true tie 60-60. Epic game, my friend! Thank you. :cheersL:
I'm gonna need tournament reports
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Spectre9 wrote:So who won if the final was a draw?
It will be based on total victory points earned over the 4 rounds. I believe I will have the most at 14, but I have not actually done all the math.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, Kris has got the tournament win with 14vp. Congrats!

Christian's MW means he's at 13 along with me, so we're in 2nd & 3rd (depending on tiebreakers).

Jon could get to 13 with a FW in his final game as well. So do me a favor Spectre and kick butt, eh? :) And that goes to you as well Bruce & Michael!

Anyway, according to the OPG it goes by this:
1. Head-to-Head (used only if there are two tied players that faced each other during the event.)
2. Strength of Schedule (used if there are two tied players that did not face each other, or if two players
had a true tie in their Head-to-Head game, or if there are three or more tied players.)
3. Differential (see Section 7.4.1)
4. Cumulative Victory Points (see Section 7.4.2)
5. Coin toss / random event

And (SoS) – This is a measure of the difficulty of a given player's opponents. It is the
second overall tiebreaker. Strength of Schedule is calculated by totalling the final victory point totals of all
opponents faced by one player, then subtracting the lowest individual total. Example: If Michael faced Charlie
(13 VP), James (11 VP), Will (6 VP), and received a Bye (0 VP); his SoS would be 30 (13+11+6+0-0=30.)

So Kris has won, but the order after that is very much up in the air for how the tie would be broken between Christian, me & potentially Jon. Jon would be ahead of me ( :( ) but other than that, I'm not sure since I can't tell what our respective SoS would be, since it'll depend on how the rest of the round plays out.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
As of right now, Christian is in 2nd and Pope is in 3rd. VP and SoS are currently the same and Christian is ahead on Differential. HOWEVER, while the differential tiebreaker for these two is locked in, the SoS is NOT. Also, Carter could jump all the way to 2nd with a full win over Stephen, depending on how other games finish.

So yeah, at this point, aside from Kris taking the title, basically nothing is decided.

Stay tuned!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:who is Greg Winner?
I'm still waiting on the Niall/Greg Round 3 Result. Once I get that we'll know who your opponent is.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:

Yeah quite some interaction!

for the 2nd deck i build after years, considering the deck was not optimized yet, i think i can feel happy.

by the way today is a one-day 1e contructed lackey tournament. if one more enters we play 3 games.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]