For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Return to Talos IV series will be going on hiatus for a month after the March event concludes. Why?

Because It's happening! Again!

Can't get to a Regional in person this year? No problem!

Want a chance to earn a Bye for your Continental Championship? You shall have it!

Want FREE Prizes? Done!

All you have to do is sign up for the 2020 1e Online Regional Championship!

Starting in April, I'll be running a 1e OTF event online. All you need is Lackey and Skype, the willingness to upload your deck list afterwards (or send me a PM with the deck ID number) and enough free time to play one game a week.

The event kicks off on April 3rd and is currently scheduled for four rounds. However, if we get more than 16 people registered I'll add a 5th round.

And did I mention there'd be FREE prizes? I'm giving away Regional foils and if you play in my event, you get one shipped directly to you for free! That's right, both prizes and shipping are on me. And as an extra incentive, if we get 12 or more players registered, I'll buy a 1e prize kit to supplement the Regional kit. And if we break 16 players and add a fifth round, I'll buy a SECOND kit so EVERYBODY will get something. And if we break 20 players.... I'll shake down the CC for something special, because that would be amazing!

So what are you waiting for? Go pre-register and let's play some Trek!

I'm looking forward to seeing you all online!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Giving this a bump because we're two weeks until kickoff. Turnout so far is looking good with 10 players registered. Regional kit is on order and awaiting delivery, and it's looking like all systems are go!

Let's see if we can get a few more players registered and hit those prize benchmarks! I'm happy to spend more money on prize kits and if we get to that 20 mark I'm definitely shaking down Charlie, Kris, and whoever else I can to make this extra special - let's make it happen!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Spectre9 wrote:Is this the biggest online tournament ever?

Serious question. I really don't know haha.
No. 2E Online Masters last year drew 22 and there were several online events about 5 years ago that routinely drew crowds of 20+, also for 2E.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Commander Joe wrote:Player #17 reporting for duty!
Welcome back, Joe! Let me know if you want to run a practice game online this week to kick the rust off. :wink:

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
Commander Joe wrote:Player #17 reporting for duty!
Welcome back, Joe! Let me know if you want to run a practice game online this week to kick the rust off. :wink:
Let's do that! I'll message you tonight to figure out a good time.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Should this be delayed until TNZ is out on Lackey?

I know most likely it's too late to ask this but I thought I'd say something anyway.

I'd be in favor of waiting. I just think it would be a shame for this tourney to start like a few days before the new set is out then we can't use all the new cards for the 3-4 weeks of the tourney.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:Should this be delayed until TNZ is out on Lackey?

I know most likely it's too late to ask this but I thought I'd say something anyway.

I'd be in favor of waiting. I just think it would be a shame for this tourney to start like a few days before the new set is out then we can't use all the new cards for the 3-4 weeks of the tourney.
I considered it, but ultimately decided to keep the start date as is. The main reason being that people have been signed up for awhile and presumably were building decks with the assumption that the card pool would be the same. It's not fair to them to throw a last minute curve ball like that.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok this is your official last call. Pairings go up tomorrow morning, so if you want to get in on this gig, you have less than 24 hours to get yourself registered!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Registration is officially locked. We have 16 players (!) so we will run 4 rounds.

Here are the first round pairings:

Mr. Hoffman (Ensign Q) vs. Brian S (JeBuS)

Bruce Parrish (Captain Parrish) vs. Matthew McCalpin (Professor Scott)

Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich) vs. Michael Van Breeman (The Ninja Scot)

Christian (LuthySloan) vs. Greg Dillon (Latok)

Stephen P (Spectre9) vs. Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner)

Pope (Princedetenebres) vs. Jon Carter (pfti)

Kris Sonsteby (LORE) vs. Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe)

Sebastian Kirstein (Caretakers Guest) DROP
Brian Sykes (Armus) DROP

Please post the results of the games here or PM them to me (Armus) when your game is complete.

In order to keep things moving, I ask that everybody schedule their games within the next week, so the first round is complete by Friday, April 10th. I grant extensions only in limited circumstances and no more than 24 hours from the due date of the round, which in the case of round 1 is Saturday April 11th. I will post Round 2 pairings when all games are in, or on Saturday 4/11, whichever comes first. Any games not in will result in missed games for the participants, or - depending on the specific circumstances - byes, at my discretion.

Anyone who plays all four games will qualify for prizes, which I am covering all associated costs.

Finally, and most importantly, have fun! This is a diverse field representing three continents and several countries for around the world. That's really cool in my book and I'm looking forward to good games, good sportsmanship, and good camaraderie by all.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:05 am, edited 7 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Due to Seppel having to drop, I've also dropped to keep the numbers even. I wish you a speedy recovery, Seppel!

Pairings have been adjusted to account for this update.
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]