For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Chicagoland will yet again host the Deep Space Nine Regional Championships. While I'm bummed that our usual locale, CoDCON, has been canceled, this gives me the opportunity to host a Regional Championship extravaganza on Saturday, May 16th. I will be running all three Regionals in a row in the Basement of Doom that day.

Second Edition starts at 10:00 am

Tribbles will follow directly after 2E

First Edition will start around 4:00 pm, with a meal break somewhere between rounds.

This extravaganza coincides with my 40th birthday weekend, so I'm making a gaming day of it. Everyone is welcome to bring their significant others and spawn. There will be snacks and probably BBQ for dinner. The weather will hopefully be nice, so the kids can play out on the swing set.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Due to the extension of Illinois' stay-at-home order to May 30th, this tournament has been postponed. I will post a new date when we know when and how the state will loosen restrictions on gathering and movement.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
If you need me for sanctioning, have Brian send me whatever my card pool is and we can play on Lackey. :cheersL:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Thanks for bumping this, Kris.

Yes, we are playing this weekend. It's not exactly the spouses and spawn party I was hoping for, but I want to see my friends and play with physical cards this weekend. So, if you happen to be in the Chicagoland area this weekend, stop in.

2E is standard constructed starting at 11:00 am

Tribbles will follow

Insert BBQ here

1E Warp Speed with a Premiere/SDII pool is last. I may be able to print and cut a couple of Enhanced Premiere sets to complement the pools. JeBuS and I decided that Armus' EPP Warp Speed tourney was so fun, we'd try to replicate it.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote:Thanks for bumping this, Kris.
I'm your huckleberry. If you need me as a 3rd or 4th, I can spare a couple hours for Warp Speed on Saturday (assuming doing a Lackey card pool is not too difficult.)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Thanks for bumping this, Kris.
I'm your huckleberry. If you need me as a 3rd or 4th, I can spare a couple hours for Warp Speed on Saturday (assuming doing a Lackey card pool is not too difficult.)
A hybrid tournament, eh? Might be easier to just send you a pool ahead of time.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
JeBuS wrote:A hybrid tournament, eh? Might be easier to just send you a pool ahead of time.
I'm willing to do what I can to get this Regional sanctioned! :cross:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I don't think this is going to happen at all this weekend. We've had a bunch of folks have things come up at the last minute. I'm currently working on rescheduling.

Silver lining: this will give me time to work on assembling all the promo foils that are currently sitting on my bar.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
We are rescheduled for Monday, September 7th. Yes, that's Labor Day this year! We will be playing on the following schedule:

11:00 am - Second Edition constructed, complete, standard
3:00 pm - Tribbles constructed, complete, standard will follow 2E
Whenever - First Edition Warp Speed sealed sometime after that. Dinner will probably happen somewhere in here, too.

Depending on how people feel, and the weather, I was considering putting card tables in the garage and doing this al fresco. Otherwise, I'll probably put everything upstairs and have all the windows open.

Please click on the links in the OP to preregister for this event!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote:We are rescheduled for Monday, September 7th. Yes, that's Labor Day this year! We will be playing on the following schedule:

Whenever - First Edition Warp Speed sealed sometime after that. Dinner will probably happen somewhere in here, too.

Depending on how people feel, and the weather, I was considering putting card tables in the garage and doing this al fresco. Otherwise, I'll probably put everything upstairs and have all the windows open.

Strong interest, as we might finally be able to head down to Chicago to see Lil's folks soon. COVID travel pending, obv. I will keep you posted, Mags.

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:We are rescheduled for Monday, September 7th. Yes, that's Labor Day this year! We will be playing on the following schedule:

Possible interest depending on family plans and fantasy football planning.Need to get some STTCG gaming back in my life.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Boratus wrote:Possible interest depending on family plans and fantasy football planning.Need to get some STTCG gaming back in my life.
OMG, Steve! Yes, please come down and bring the Maquis jank.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
We've got six people preregistered for the 2E extravaganza, with a couple more indicating they may be in attendance. This is gonna be HUGE! But also socially distant.

Little Bit says she wants to play Tribbles. Will a 5-year-old school the rest of us?

How many die-hard 2E folks can I get to play the 1E Warp Speed event? Brian S is bringing the sealed product - SDII + 3x Premiere boosters + Warp Pack + 1 randomly selected Second Anthology personnel. I made up some Enhanced Premiere packs, though I think I may need to print more than the original six now.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]