Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Since the website still isn't properly recording, I went through the records and took note of all players that have earned a bye (or head start, if Tribbles) for a Continentals or Worlds event this year.

Players can earn a bye/head start that can be cashed in at any Continentals this year if they placed 1st or 2nd in any Nationals event, or if they won a Regionals event (or placed 2nd if the event had more than 10 players).

Players can earn a two-round bye (or double head start) at Worlds by winning a Continentals event in the same year. A second-place finisher earns a one-round bye or head start at Worlds.

Due to a limited number of events caused by COVID restrictions, OP has ruled that any earned bye (earned in 2021) that did not get used in a 2021 event may be carried over to 2022. i have recalculated the earned byes working forward from the beginning of 2021, adding and removing as appropriate.

Players can also earn a bye or head start for both Continentals and Worlds in a given year if they have reached a pre-announced threshold of Masters points in the previous year. This bye overlaps with other earned byes and does not get handed down nor cause a hand down. (There were no Masters events in 2021, so this paragraph does not apply.)

I will try to keep this list updated, checking roughly once a week for completed events that will add to this list.

FIRST EDITION WORLDS - ROUND ONE BYE

Joe Kallstrom (World Runner-Up 2021, 10/9/21)
Johannes Klarhauser (European Continental runner-up, 8/13/22)
Mark Muston (North American Continental hand-down, 7/23/22)

FIRST EDITION WORLDS - ROUND ONE AND ROUND TWO BYES

Maggie Geppert (North American Continental winner, 9/12/21)
James Heaney (World Champion 2021, 10/9/21)
Peter Ludwig (European Continental winner, 8/13/22)
Kris Sonsteby (North American Continental winner, 7/23/22)

SECOND EDITION WORLDS - ROUND ONE BYE

Jens Beilstein (European Continental runner-up, 8/21/22)
Maggie Geppert (North American Continental hand-down, 7/24/22)
Steve Nelson (North American Continental runner-up, 7/24/22)
Ted Reebel (North American Continental runner-up, 9/11/21)

SECOND EDITION WORLDS - ROUND ONE AND ROUND TWO BYES

Jared Hoffman (World Champion 2021, 10/10/21)
Johannes Mette (European Continental winner, 8/21/22)
Michael Van Breemen (North American Continental winner, 7/24/22)

TRIBBLES WORLDS - 100,000 HEAD START

Julius Melhardt (European Continental champion, 8/20/22)
Kris Sonsteby (World Runner-up 2021, 10/10/21)
Jason Tang (North American Continental runner-up, 7/23/22)

TRIBBLES WORLDS - 200,000 HEAD START

Benjamin Liebech (European Continental champion, 8/20/22)
Keith Rupp (North American Continental winner, 7/23/22)
Michael Van Breemen (World Champion 2021, 10/10/21)
Last edited by OKCoyote on Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:09 am, edited 18 times in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I just want to publicly thank Daniel for "moon lighting" as it were for the Organized Play team and putting this list together. I owe you a beer @ Worlds, my friend! :cheersL:
 -  
eberlems wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:39 pm I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
Well, even if it was working, it's currently difficult to program correctly with COVID restrictions allowing byes to carry over. Difficult to track which are used and unused, which is why I'll be keeping the manual list this year.
 -  
We've had our first Regional tournaments conclude! Michael Van Breemen wins an online 1E Regional, but already has a 1E Continentals bye, so the bye is handed down to Joseph Wisniewski! 2E Regional bye hands down to Christoher Jansa!

(Say, could we sticky this?)

EDIT: 2E Regional added too.
Last edited by OKCoyote on Wed May 18, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
OKCoyote wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:42 pm We've had our first Regional tournament conclude! Michael Van Breemen wins an online 1E Regional, but already has a 1E Continentals bye, so the bye is handed down to Joseph Wisniewski!

Sticky is done. Congrats to Joseph! MVB also won the 2E ID Draft event, and I think I got 2nd, but we both already have byes so we shall see who gets the handed down!
 -  
LORE wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:47 am
OKCoyote wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:42 pm We've had our first Regional tournament conclude! Michael Van Breemen wins an online 1E Regional, but already has a 1E Continentals bye, so the bye is handed down to Joseph Wisniewski!

Sticky is done. Congrats to Joseph! MVB also won the 2E ID Draft event, and I think I got 2nd, but we both already have byes so we shall see who gets the handed down!
That event hadn't processed when I checked yesterday; I've added it now. That bye hands down to Christopher Jansa - congrats!
 -  
Boratus wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:46 pm I won the 2e DS9 Regional this year. Since I won it last year also, I believe Casey Wickum (MrCub21) gets the hand down.
You are correct! Casey gets the Continentals bye since you already have one. Casey also won a Tribbles regional and earns a Continentals head start! The list has been updated.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I know for sure Joe Kallstrom picked up the Tribbles Head Start and Kevin Jaeger grabbed the 2E bye, as they were your respective winners. I also *think* Mark Muston picks up a 1E bye due to hand downs, and that would be awesome for him as he intends to come to Continentals with Kevin. :cross:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Given how spread out things are now, can we tweak the system so an Earned Bye is good until used (and keep it to a maximum of 1 per player)? I've lost count how many Regionals I've earned a bye at that I wasn't able to use because I couldn't get to Continentals that particular year.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:08 pm Given how spread out things are now, can we tweak the system so an Earned Bye is good until used (and keep it to a maximum of 1 per player)? I've lost count how many Regionals I've earned a bye at that I wasn't able to use because I couldn't get to Continentals that particular year.
Perhaps in the future, but right now we have 3 years of Byes we need to burn off this year due to COVID.
 -  
winterflames wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:30 pm I believe we had a couple more Regionals winners this past weekend...
I wait till Monday/Tuesday to update the list to make sure all results get entered. I'll be doing this tonight.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation